Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

searchqu removal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

burlly

burlly

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I can't get "searchqu" off my computer. What can I do? I've tried Highjack this, Superantispyware. No luck with these.

Advertisements

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
Hi, burlly!, Welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is BlackOxide and I will be assisting you with your Malware/Security problems. Please make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them. If you have any queries or you are unsure about anything, just say and I'll help you out :unsure:

It may well be worth you printing/saving the instructions throughout the fix, so you have them to hand just incase you are unable to access this site.

Please note the following:
  • Remember to post your logs, not attach them. So, any logs from any programs we run, should be just 'copied & pasted' into your reply, unless I specifically need you to attach them.
  • Please only run the tools that I request. I know malware can be frustrating but running other tools in the meantime and between posts, only makes it harder for me to analyse and fix your PC in the long run.
  • I will always try and respond to replies as soon as possible, but please be patient as some logs require more time than others to fully analyse.
  • If you are not sure of anything along the way, just ask.

OK, lets start :)

Could you go through the following steps please, then get back to me with the logs that they create.

1)
OTL Quick Scan
Download OTL to your Desktop
  • Double click on the OTL icon to run it.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top, make sure Standard Output is selected.
  • Tick the Scan All Users box at the top
  • Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic

2)
Download aswMBR.exe (1.8mb) to your desktop.

Double click aswMBR.exe to run it.

Click the "Scan" button to start the scan.

Posted Image

On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.

Posted Image

In your next reply
Please post the contents of...
OTL logs
aswMBR log

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.