Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Computer Will Not Run MW2

• Please log in to reply

brosky

brosky

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,

A few days ago started a new topic under the Games section and so far nobody has responded. Here is the old thread. So I was wondering if anyone might have a solution in this area of expertise. Recently I purchased a new gaming desktop, here are some brief specs: AMD 3.3ghz x6, AMD Radeon 6970 2gb, 2x4gb DDR. Those are the basics, if you need more specs just ask. Anyway, I can run all the other steam games, but when I try to play CoD:MW2 the original cover picture comes up for a second (like usual) and then the screen turns black as though it is loading up the game, but instead of the game ever coming up, it just feezes and i have to ctl+alt+del and start task manager and close it. The weird thing is that my old laptop that runs vista (very inferior to new desktop) can run it. For additional details just ask or take a look at my original thread. I really hope someone can help me because I kinda like MW2 more than Black ops.

Thanks,
brosky

Advertisements