Hi, welcome to GeeksToGo! I'm havredave, and I'll do my best to help you fix whatever it is that ails your computer.
Just a few things before we begin, to ease the process on both of us:
- Please don't run any scanning or cleaning software without my direction, as it can make things worse and take longer in the long run.
- Please be patient. A good cleaning can take quite a while, and usually involves many steps before it is complete. I may not post back quickly, because I often have to research issues or run ideas by my peers for a more thorough fix. Also, I'm currently still in training, so there may be a longer than normal pause between my posts as I get expert feedback and permission to post each fix.
- You may wish to print out each instruction post in case you lose Internet connectivity (using safe mode, for example), so you can complete the fix.
- If you have any question on any step, or if something doesn't work as described, please stop and ask before we proceed. Better safe than sorry!
- Please paste your logs into your replies instead of attaching them. This makes it far easier to review. Feel free to use multiple replies if you need to.
- Please stick with me until I let you know we're finished. Even if the machine is running better, it doesn't mean it's clean.
I'm sorry it's taken so long for someone to get to you. Are you still with us?
If so, please do the following, as I'll need a new scan log:First:
to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox, then click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open a notepad window with a new OTL.Txt. This is saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of this file, and post it in your topic.
( 511KB ) to your desktop.
Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it
Click the "Scan" button to start scan
On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply
Please post back with your fresh OTL.txt log, and the aswMBR.txt log, and I'll get started