Fake Virus Scan
Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:25 AM
Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:55 PM
. I'm Michael and I'm going to help you fix your computer
Note: Before we start the process you should:
- POST your logs, don't attach them, as it makes it harder to read. Also please don't edit any log in any case
- Disable ANY programs that offer real-time protection features while executing my instructions. That includes your antivirus, antispyware, windows defender or any other program that offers protection. When you're clean or waiting for my next set of instructions, re-enable them .If you need any help disabling them, ask.
- Topics that are idle for 4 days after I post instructions will be closed, unless I'm notified of the delay.
- Last, as most of the tools we use here need administrative rights in order to function properly, I expect that you will be running them from an administrator account.
Download aswMBR.exe ( 511KB ) to your desktop.
Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it
Click the "Scan" button to start scan
On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply
Also in Desktop there should be a file called MBR.dat after that, zip it and then attach it here
OTL Custom Scan
- Download OTL to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it.
- Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- When the window appears, underneath Output at the top, make sure Stadard output is selected.
- Select Scan all users
- Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
- Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box copy and paste this in:
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs
- Click the button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open OTL.Txt in Notepad window.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the content of this file and post it with your next reply.
Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:22 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users