Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware found wich caused trouble w/ my printer

• Please log in to reply

Tetramet

Tetramet

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm not a native speaker, so i might have trouble explain in myself :) but i'll try to explain my problem as clearly as possible. :unsure:

Last week i had a malware installed in my father's office computer wich caused me a lot of problems.
At the beginning the msg "nmctxth.exe is missing" and a window kept showing on my desk, it was caused because I uninstalled a wireless router by Cisco Systems, Inc. which created a file called "Pure Networks Platform Service (nmservice)"

I got assistance in my native language (spanish) by a guy at http://www.forospyware.com/ in the Hijackthis forum, which helped me destroying that malware(at least, that's what I thought ;)). The folder (which kept appearing, even though i erased it several times, even with unlocker assistant) was finnally removed & after that i got a msg indicating trouble with TrayApp & he told me that was going to be solved by installing his printer's installation CD and that's when everything went wrong again :)

the computer had 2 Hp printers installed (hp 1310 All-in-one and hp deskjet D2320) so i put the all-in-one's cd & the error msg TrayApp dissapeared, then another error msg appeared, so i put the d2320's cd & another error msg appeared!!!! ;) so i told the guy who was helping & he told me i had to uninstall & reinstall the printers.

I tried to do so from control panel, but it didn't let me & neither it did from the start menu, so i decided to do so from the cd.

I was able to uninstall both of them, but now i can't re-install them :)

When i put the instalation's cd, an error msg appeared, which indicated that i needed the 'HPZius12.svs' file to install the printer. After that the new hardware assistant's window appeared, i followed the steps to install the new found hardware, but i couldn't install anything.

I opened the cd's tray & closed it (with the printers installation's cd inside) & then began reinstalling the printer, & a msg appeared indicating that the software & the device were already installed & asking what i wanted to do (uninstall or install another device)

Another guy (who usually helps me when my computer's trouble gets ahead my computer's knowledge) installed the all-in-one printer, because i really needed it, but he did it just with the controllers, so i can't use any of the programs that come with it :)

I've tried several times to reinstall both of them, but something goes wrong.

I have Glary utilities installed, i ran it & read the registry trouble section file that appeared & looked for some of the mistakes it found on the net & found one of your posts related with KB20003 & voila! :) it was related with an hp printer!!!!!!! :yes:

I read the msgs, but i didn't want to do anything (like running programs i didn't know) without any guidance...

so here I am, trying to explain the problem as clearly as possible, to get some help from you.

Thanks beforehand.

P.s. If you need anything from the hijackthis, glary utilities or malwarebytes' files pls let me know, so i can post them. Thanks again

Advertisements