Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

IE stalls

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I don't use IE much but, my wife needs it for a software application. The problem is that when its started it stalls, it says it trying to connect but does nothing, the screen does comes up but there is no address in the address bar. Then the only way to close it is to go to task manager. All other browsers work fine. I even downloaded the latest version but no change.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,917 posts
  • MVP

You have posted the exact same question at two other forums, and have received replies at both of them. Please be aware that everyone who helps at these forums is volunteering their time; asking for help at multiple forums may take help from someone else who needs it, as well as wasting the time of the person helping you.. Also, you could be receiving assistance at multiple sites without the knowledge of the other helpers, and it can complicate matters when people are offering advice without being aware of other suggestions you may be trying. I'm closing this topic; if you wish to have it reopened and only receive help at one site, please feel free to send me a PM. I would suggest you pick just one of your topics to reply to, making it easier on your helper to assist you with your problem.