Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

installing a cd rom game on windows 7

• Please log in to reply

briarakajo

briarakajo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My son got a pop cap game "Plants vs. Zombies" for his birthday. I am unable to install it on my laptop. I have windows 7 and I deleted tril game of it on my pc. It keeps saying aborted after forever trying t upload. I went to do a restore, but it had been turned off somehow. I have mcafe and avg. I think there has to be a virus on pc. game wont download on pc and system restore was turned off. I used smitfraudfix on my xp computer but it says its not for windows 7. what can I use thats like smitfraudfix on windows 7 laptop?

Advertisements

redcar92

redcar92

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hello briakajo,
Have you tried Malwarebytes from here http://download.cnet...4-10804572.html ?

briarakajo

briarakajo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you i will try that> I have that on my xp computer. wasnt thinking.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

I have mcafe and avg

Having more than one anti virus software on your computer can cause various issues such as crashes, instability and slowness etc, this is caused by the programs fighting each other for control of system resources, I cannot say 100% for certain that this is what is causing the issue but it needs to be considered, some guidance available @ http://www.geekstogo...yware-software/