Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

installing a cd rom game on windows 7

• Please log in to reply

briarakajo

briarakajo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My son got a pop cap game "Plants vs. Zombies" for his birthday. I am unable to install it on my laptop. I have windows 7 and I deleted tril game of it on my pc. It keeps saying aborted after forever trying t upload. I went to do a restore, but it had been turned off somehow. I have mcafe and avg. I think there has to be a virus on pc. game wont download on pc and system restore was turned off. I used smitfraudfix on my xp computer but it says its not for windows 7. what can I use thats like smitfraudfix on windows 7 laptop?

Advertisements

redcar92

redcar92

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hello briakajo,
Have you tried Malwarebytes from here http://download.cnet...4-10804572.html ?

briarakajo

briarakajo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you i will try that> I have that on my xp computer. wasnt thinking.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,293 posts

I have mcafe and avg

Having more than one anti virus software on your computer can cause various issues such as crashes, instability and slowness etc, this is caused by the programs fighting each other for control of system resources, I cannot say 100% for certain that this is what is causing the issue but it needs to be considered, some guidance available @ http://www.geekstogo...yware-software/