Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burners

• Please log in to reply

jamez46

jamez46

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am running Windows XP, sp3 and I need just a little bit of help. I'm having an issue with a CD/DVD burner. I have tried another burner but the end result is the same. I can burn CDs but can't burn DVDs. I've even re-installed
XP and still the end result is the same. I've made sure that the burner speed was the same as the program doing the burning. When taking the rip from the Harddrive and attempting to burn it, other than burn failed message, another message says, can not write end of disc even before the burning starts. Any suggestiong

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello jamez46.... Welcome to
GeeksToGo, :)
:unsure: :yes:

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
  • Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time.
  • Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been
    more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly
    then.
  • Please do the following and supply the requested information as needed. If you
    don't understand my instructions please ask and I will try to explain them
    clearer for you.
  • Do not attempt any steps unless instructed or ask before to
    make sure they will not cause any further issues.

What make and model is the drive?
If you don't know please do the following.

Download and install Free Everest Home Edition
Open it.
1: In left pane expand Computer folder.
2: Click once on Summary
3: In upper menu, go Report
4: And then to Quick Report-Summary
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
Click the + by computer, click on Sensor. Get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...

DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING UNDER THE LINE THAT SAYS "DEBUG- PCI"

jamez46

jamez46

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Dear rshaffer61: I want to thank you so much for responding to the burner issue.
I believe I may have found the problem that was causing all the headaches.
I'm not exactly sure what the window is called but when you insert a disc into the drive weather
a cd or dvd a window opens which gives you a choice on how you want it to open, such as "Recode DVD,Play Video, Play video in Realplayer, play video in Win DVD, Play video in Windows media player, Open file, or take no action." I had notice before the last restore of windows xp that allot of those was missing. Something must have happened where allot of those choices was not installed. Weather or not they have a bearing on the burner recognizing the disc as a DVD verses a cd is unsure. However at this point in time the burner now burns both.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you for the update and did you reinstall any of the programs to resolve the issue?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 29 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.