Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

retrieving files from SD card

• Please log in to reply

mushtak2917

mushtak2917

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i am trying to retrieve avi files from an SD card and have tried several retreiving softwares but it does not find the files that i am looking for which "were" on the SD card
i have tried the following software so far:-

zero assumption data recovery v9
EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional v5.0.1
Wondershare.Data.Recovery.v2.00
Icare data recovery v4.3

can someone pls help. have i used all the good softwares or is there anything else out there?..... will i ever even be able to retrieve these files ?......... pls helppppppppppppp

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If you have a camera you might try sticking the SD card in the camera and see if you can see any files on the card(photo's). If you can then plug the camera into your computer and see if you can transfer all the files from the camera to a folder on the computer HD. It worked a few times for me, but some cards i had to reformat to get them to work.

By the way, this usually happens when you pull the card out of a computer while it is still transferring data to the card. Some computers still need for you to eject the card with the taskbar icon to keep from corrupting the card.

SRX660

Amst3rDamag3

Amst3rDamag3

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
You could try to check if you can see the "hidden files" on the card.
I had numerous phones that stored almost all data as hidden & protected files...

When you used the sd-card correctly, the chances of losing data are very very slim, so they should be there somewhere...

- What kind of data (mp3, pics, adress list, office files) are we talking about?
- How did you upload that data to the card?

Good luck :)

mushtak2917

mushtak2917

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
the files are avi files. and i desperately need these files back!..... the files are not hidden in anyway. i need some concrete fixes pls! i dont know if i should invest in contacting a professional outfit who do this sort of stuff and how and what different software they would use to retrieve these files. helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
Some options for you to try @ http://www.snapfiles...tarecovery.HTML