Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trying to install windows 2000

• Please log in to reply

CowgirlAngel

CowgirlAngel

• Pip
  • 2 posts
First I tried to do a repair on windows 2000, but got an error page....then I tried to do a clean install...but now my setup keeps restarting ...as soon as it gets to installing components, it goes to that blue error page...I try to restart it and go to safe mode, but then it goes back to the setup....it doesn't let me get past the setup in any mode and just keeps looping the setup.....

How do I get it to go past setup?
any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the blue error page---what is the error?

CowgirlAngel

CowgirlAngel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
One of them said something about memory ... and that if that page kept showing up to go to the manufacturers manual....(which I don't have....)
the other page that would show up would be the windows 2000 logo on top, but the middle part of the screen would be black and it would say that setup is restarting..........

I just had let the setup keep going and going......and finally it seemed to catch and actually installed.....so right at this moment, it seems to be working and I have been able to do updates....

However......I think the thing that screwed everything up in the first place is the digital camera driver isn't compatable with windows 2000.....I have been trying and trying to find a driver that would make it work, but haven't found one yet....the only ones seem to work only with windows 98......so now, I think I will have to find a copy of windows 98 and go back to that system..... :tazz: ....and I guess I will have to go to the 98 forum to find out how to do that.....I only know how to do upgrades right now, not reverting back....

Edited by CowgirlAngel, 31 May 2005 - 06:33 PM.