Im having trouble removing the google redirect virus
Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:08 PM
Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:16 AM
Download OTL to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Select All Users
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Post both logs
Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:25 AM
Please print these instruction out so that you know what you are doing
- Download OTLPENet.exe to your desktop
- Ensure that you have a blank CD in the drive
- Double click OTLPENet.exe and this will then open imgburn to burn the file to CD
- Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
- As the CD needs to detect your hardware and load the operating system, I would recommend a nice cup of tea whilst it loads
- Your system should now display a Reatogo desktop.Note : as you are running from CD it is not exactly speedy
- Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
- Select the Windows folder of the infected drive if it asks for a location
- When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
- When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
- Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
- OTL should now start.
- Drag and drop this attached scan.txt into the Custom scans and fixes box, or double click the scan box
- Press Run Scan to start the scan.
- When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txt
- Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
- Right click the file and select send to : select the USB drive.
- Confirm that it has copied to the USB drive by selecting it
- You can backup any files that you wish from this OS
- Please post the contents of the C:\OTL.txt file in your reply.
Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:00 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users