Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Application not found"

• Please log in to reply

erinleigh901

erinleigh901

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys

I cannot seem to open half of the applications I'm trying to run on my computer. The pop-up C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe pops up on everything.

I've tried opening the Task Manager and "Run" in the startup menu to bring up the Notepad and a pop-up shows on the screen saying that my system can't support MS-DOS and to Close or Ignore the program leaving me with nothing but spending the past two hours looking over threads trying to find an answer. Can someone please please help me?

Thank you!

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
1. Run a chkdsk That is Start, Open My Computer, right click the hard drive carrying windows, normally c drive.
Click properties, click tools, click error checking, click check now, click to check both boxes, click start and agree to run on restart.
Do so and please do not interrupt it.

The go start, run and type sfc /scannow, click OK and if it asks for the XP CD insert it.
If you do not have it or it will not accept the one you have see how far you can progress without it please.

What anti-virus do you have installed please.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
erinleigh901
It has now been 15 days since you asked for help.
My reply was posted the same day.
Please reply and indicate if you still need help, or if the problem has been solved.
Thank you.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 03 September 2011 - 06:01 PM.