Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Will not start up.

• Please log in to reply

Zibbiezone

Zibbiezone

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I restarted my laptop last night, and it did some file register thing. Cache'ing them or something. Then about 2 hours later it finishes.. And now my pc goes through this routine on start up(no matter what u try): HP logo appears, with esc key start up option. Then it has a bar, with "Windows is loading files..." above it. Then mi rosoft corporation and another bar with three blocks going through it. Now I appear at a blue screen with a light source at the top, a "run" command pops up for a half-second, then nothing ever happens...

I've tried memory test, hard drive test, start-up test, system tune-up, and they all failed. I can not enter safe mode by pressing f8 or f11. All that does is make the computer eep when it says "Windows is loading files..". I really need help, and the sooner the better.

Oh one my thing, probably should have said this before hand, I run on HP Envy14 Beats Audio laptop, if that information helps any. Thanks ahead of time.

Advertisements

Zibbiezone

Zibbiezone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Bump?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
  • Start your system and at the Second post screen tap on F8 to get to the Boot Menu
  • Use the Arrow Keys to Scroll down to the line that says "Auto Start On Error" and highlight it.
  • Click Enter to disable it
  • The system should reboot and if not then do so.
  • When the BSOD shows it will stop so that you can reply with the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

Zibbiezone

Zibbiezone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
F8 didn't do a thing... Just went through it's regular routine... Back to that blank blue screen..

I can press ESC for the startup menu.. And there are 5 options
1: press f1 for system information
2: f2 for system diagnostics
3: f9 Boot Device Options
4: f10 BIOS setup
5: f11 system recovery (does nothing, already tried it.)

then just ENTER - Continue Startup

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
How do you get to Safe Mode?
That is where you will find the line above I suggested.

Zibbiezone

Zibbiezone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I don't know, I can't do anything on it. I'm on my iPod right now. I guess I'll google it, see if I can find anything out

Zibbiezone

Zibbiezone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I'm seeing f8, but that doesn't do anything besides make my computer beep when it says "Windiws is loading files..."

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I'm seeing f8, but that doesn't do anything besides make my computer beep when it says "Windiws is loading files..."

You should actually start tapping F8 before this screen appears.
Also since this is a laptop I take it you do not have the Win7 installation disk correct?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
One thing I did find is have you tried going into the Bios F10 and see if there is a section there for the advanced boot menu and the line I described.

Zibbiezone

Zibbiezone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I restarted it, tapped f8 the entire time, nothing happened. Except, like I said, that beeping.

And correct, no disc came with it.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you try the last suggestion?

Zibbiezone

Zibbiezone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
No, one moment and I will.

(darn iPod, never shows me post on time.)

Zibbiezone

Zibbiezone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
There's a "Boot Options" selection. And I'n it I see: CD-ROM boot <enabled>, floppy boot <disabled>, Internal Network Adapter Boost <disabled>, and a Boot Order subfolder.

Nothing I see is about Auto Start On Error

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK the issue seems to be the Win 7 OS itself that is causing your problem so lets do a Repair Installation by following the steps HERE.
Please read and follow all instructions carefully.

Zibbiezone

Zibbiezone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
That's not helping me any... I did have two accounts, and neither are there for me to log into. It will not start up anythings besides that blank blue screen