Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard and Mouse Arent working properly

• Please log in to reply

Carrie Miller

Carrie Miller

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys. My dell inspiron's key board and mouse pad arent working right. the key board will go in and out of working and I have to let my computer go to sleep before it works after i reboot it, and my mouse pad will not work and wont even bring up the key pad symbol when i press the disable button for it. I have rebooted my computer and ran the fn test and it said there was an error but I didnt understand what it detected for the error. I tried to restore but for some reason there are no restore pionts, when usually I have them from week before. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. I really need to to start working again though because I need to finish my summer home work. Your advice is much appriacated <3

-Carrie

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hi Carrie Miller :) sorry to hear you are having keyboard and mouse issues.
Can you provide the brand and model number of the keyboard and mouse so that some research can be done.
If the keyboard and mouse are the wireless type and you havn`t done so already fit new batteries in both components, once you have done this you will need to pair the keyboard and mouse together by pressing the connect buttons on the device/s.