Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer not recognizing or installing usb Iphone

• Please log in to reply

Farrin Oxhorn

Farrin Oxhorn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I plug my phone into the usb on my computer, it says found iphone, found digital still camera, then pops up an install new hardware box, no matter if I select install automatically or install from a specific location, it always fails and says the driver is invalid, also in device manager it says Iphone with a yellow triangle with an exclamation point. I already contacted apple and they had me uninstall apple programs step by step and then re-install ITunes but I am still having the exact same problem.

Edited by rshaffer61, 17 August 2011 - 05:23 PM.
Removed malware log

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Farrin Oxhorn
Welcome to GeekstoGo.

Try disabling AVG - only whilst you install the driver and set up the software. If that does not work, try the Logitech webcam software

Third-party software conflicts
Some third-party software (such as security software, anti-virus software, and webcam drivers) may prevent iTunes from recognizing your iPhone. You may have to update your software, adjust software settings, or temporarily disable the software.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 17 August 2011 - 05:02 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Farrin Oxhorn

It has now been seven days since you asked for help, the reply was posted the day after you asked and you have not responded.
Do you still need help please or have you solved the problem.
Please post so that we know how the situation is.
Please do not just leave the matter, after originally asking for help.