Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen STOP

• Please log in to reply

katerino

katerino

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
Anyone any ideas on the following Bluescreen STOP codes
' STOP 0x0000007E (0XC0000005, OXFOF80184, OXF791ED44, OXF791EA40)

I am running windows XP on 2 computers and windows 7 on another 2. We had sudden problems last Thursday with both the windows xp machines.
We have McAfee and I was commin gto the conclusion that it was a conflict issue with windows xp but McAfee is now completely removed and MCPR.exe run and still it bluescreens!

Any advice would be gratefully received

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Hi katerino, and welcome to Geeks to Go!

Both of the XP machines are giving the same STOP code? Wow....

I'd like to take a more detailed look at the STOP error.
When a STOP error (blue screen) occurs, Windows basically takes a picture of what was running and what broke and saves it in a "dump" file. These dumps are saved and can be analyzed to figure out the root cause of a blue screen. Look in the C:\WINDOWS\minidump folder and you should find some dump files there - the file names are the dates the dumps were created.
Go ahead and attach the three most recent dump files to your reply, that way I can take a closer look at what is actually causing the error. (You can attach the dumps using the "Choose File" and "Attach This File" buttons when typing in your reply.)

Look forward to hearing back from you!