Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Folder Access Denied Error (TONS OF VIRUSES IN MY COMPUTER)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

MissVictoria

MissVictoria

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Cool!
I'll do the last steps asap, but first I have 2 last questions :-)

Q) How often do you recommend a Boot Time scan & OTL Custom Fix my system? (Is this something I need to do or stay away from)

Q) When starting up my system, a lot of the applications/programs start running automatically, how do I tell my computer which programs to run on start up and which ones not to? (I use to know how to do this, but I can't remember any more), also which programs are crucial to run on start up so my system doesn't blow up? LOL

Thanks for all you do,
Ms Victoria

Advertisements

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi MissVictoria,

How often do you recommend a Boot Time scan & OTL Custom Fix my system? (Is this something I need to do or stay away from)

You can do AVAST scan once a week. DON'T USE OTL and OTL Fix by yourself without expert ask you to. You can demage your system. OTL Fix is custom made fix just for this, specific, situation.

When starting up my system, a lot of the applications/programs start running automatically, how do I tell my computer which programs to run on start up and which ones not to? (I use to know how to do this, but I can't remember any more), also which programs are crucial to run on start up so my system doesn't blow up? LOL

The easiest way is:

Startuplite is a tool to help you stop some programs not needed when you start your computer from loading. They will begin automatically only when needed.

Run the tool and it will disable all unnecessary sturtup entries.
Click on Continue button to save changes.

MissVictoria

MissVictoria

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
mailprog,

Thanks, I'll do the Boot Time Scan "only" once per week and stay away from OTL. ( I already cleaned it up from my system)
I've downloaded the startuplite and have it working.
Everything is working beautifully, thanks to you.

Much appreciated,
Ms Victoria

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Goodbye and stay safe :)

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.