Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help for a dumb person

• Please log in to reply

James Porter

James Porter

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi peeps.
Don't know if you can help. Hope someone can.
I had a old Fujitsu amilo d7850 that I removed the Hard drive from a year or So ago to get rid of. I have now decided to get it up and running again. I researched what sort of drive I needed and ordered a IDE drive. Trouble is it will not fit. It seems as if the pins on The new drive will not go into the connector on The laptop. Am I doing something wrong and do I need some sort of ribbon or adaptor? Also it seems as if there are too many pins on The drive. Help please.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hi James Porter :) sorry about the delay in coming to your assistance.
Can you post a picture of both the rear of the replacement HDD and the opening of the laptop.
Below are the details of the type of HDD that is required for the Fujitsu amilo d7850 how do they correspond with the replacement HDD that you have purchased!

Product Description

The Seagate Momentus Ultra 40 GB ATA-100 Hard Drive is fully compatible with PC systems.The Hard Drive connect by: DMA/ATA-100 (Ultra) for Internal utilization. Spinning up to 4200 RPM and offering capacity as large as 40 GB

Product Identifiers

Brand Seagate

Model Momentus

MPN ST94019A

UPC 2000010196630, 5706551033065

Key Features

Enclosure Internal

Capacity 40 GB

Buffer Size 2 MB

Hard Drive Type HDD (Hard Disk Drive)

Spindle Speed 4200 RPM

Interface ATA/ATAPI-6