Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fan Spins 1-2 Seconds, Stops...

• Please log in to reply

schmo311

schmo311

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey everybody, this is the first time I have attempted to build a computer, so please bear with me.

Specs:
  • GIGABYTE GA-H61M-USB3-B3 LGA 1155 Intel H61 USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
  • CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 V2 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
  • Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
  • Intel Pentium G620 Sandy Bridge 2.6GHz 2 x 256KB L2 Cache 3MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80623G620
  • Kingston ValueRAM 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model KVR1333D3N9K2/4G

When I hook everything up, the fan will spin for a few seconds and then stop. no lights, nothing else.

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sounds like you may have a standoff under the motherboard in the wrong place or not screwed down. This is the most typical mistake a newbie builder will make.
Take the motherboard back off and make sure if there is a standoff there is a corresponding hole in the motherboard for a screw to be tightened down to.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 25 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.