Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows update C:\ files

• Please log in to reply

ryang96

ryang96

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
HI, recently i have noticed a bunch of random folders popping up in C:\ . They have random names such as "332d84a32f69fe231db3de09." These files are locked by the system, but only contain setups, and i was wondering how i could delete them. Attached is a picture of my C:\ drive, to give an idea of what i'm looking at here

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You can try booting to Safe Mode and delete them there. If that doesn't work, install Unlocker or LockHunter. Then when you try to delete one of them, you will get a window where you can tell Unlocker or LockHunter to delete it on the next boot.

You can also try telling it to Unlock the file/folder. If that works you can then delete the file/folder normally.