Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox

• Please log in to reply

bazza

bazza

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
Last night Firefox has installed the Appearance Add-on "Default.6.0" to my PC. It has changed the appearance of my screen (Large text, change to white etc)and I do not like it. Could somebody please let me know how to return to the previous appearance. Thank you.

Edited by bazza, 18 August 2011 - 05:15 PM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Click on the little arrow head to the right of the Firefox button at the top left of the Firefox window and click on Add-ons.
Look in Extensions, Appearance and Plugins till you see Appearance Add-on, then disable it.

Close and restart Firefox and things should be back to normal.

bazza

bazza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I have checked the Add-ons. Default 6.0 is in appearance and no obvious means to disable. It is not in the list under plug-ins where you are able to disable items.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
With themes, I think you just select a different theme. You would have to install one first though.

Add-ons for Firefox: Themes

Default 6.0 comes as the default theme for Firefox 6.0. I suspect what actually happened is you are now running FF 6.0 rather than 5.0 as before. There is no way to change the default theme without installing something else.

Edit: Yup, I just updated to FF 6.0 and the Default 6.0 theme is the only one available. I like it though as it has a transparent look which ties in nicely with my Windows 7 .

bazza

bazza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I think I can live with this. Thanks for your help once again Ztruker