Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Windows Live / Inbox messages vanishing

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I am using Windows Live to download email from an sbcglobal.net account via Yahoo (I do not have a hotmail account). The messages download with no problems, and show up in my inbox as unread. However, after I open them, they no longer appear in the inbox in Windows Live. (They do remain on the server.)

Also, if I download messages, then click away from the inbox to another folder before opening those new messages, when I click back on the inbox, they are no longer visible.

The glitch also has removed all messages from my inbox back to Feb. 5, 2011. Older messages remain.

The program also crashes frequently.

Note: This problem began occurring a few weeks ago when I was experiencing many system crashes and BSOD. This was traced to a faulty memory module which has since been replaced. However, the problem with email client remains.

Malwarebytes scan is clean, as was full Kaspersky scan (although I have removed Kaspersky) and Windows Security Essentials scan.

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Edited by Jamila'sfilter, 18 August 2011 - 05:36 PM.