Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

my computer wont run anything

• Please log in to reply

James Hunter

James Hunter

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ok so whats happening is that my computer wont run anything like games or my internet it ont even let the sound bar pop up when you click on it but what i can do is open avast (cant find anything wrong) intenet explorer and vlc

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello James Hunter.... Welcome to
GeeksToGo, :)
:unsure: :yes:

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
  • Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time.
  • Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been
    more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly
    then.
  • Please do the following and supply the requested information as needed. If you
    don't understand my instructions please ask and I will try to explain them
    clearer for you.
  • Do not attempt any steps unless instructed or ask before to
    make sure they will not cause any further issues.

First off you have not supplied any system specs at all for us to work with.
Is this a laptop or Desktop.
Branded system or custom built?
If branded what brand, make and model.
If custom what brand, make and model of the motherboard.
What have you attempted to resolve the issue and what were the results?
What OS are we dealing with?
Any updates to the software, drivers or hardware just prior to the issue starting?
Anything downloaded from anyplace prior to the issue starting?

James Hunter

James Hunter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i dont know much about computers but im running windows 7 on a lenovo netbook i managed to fix the problem by restoring the system but it failed again after 5 mins also the restore point i updated to was a major system update i think it may be that this update is messing up my computer but i dont know how to stop it when i log in

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It would help if we knew the update you are talking about. If you could redo your last steps and try to get the KB number of the update I can find out what it actually is.

James Hunter

James Hunter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
im sorry i dont understand kb number? and how do i get it?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
in other words all updates have kbxxxxxx numbers to identify the,
If restoring back a day gets the system back up and running then I would immediately go into Windows updates and unclick download and install updates automatically and instead put download and I will install later or something like that.
This will allow you to see exactly what updates are being downloaded.