Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

QuickBooks closes after login with the standard "QuickBooks encoun

• Please log in to reply

Kevin Ridge

Kevin Ridge

• Pip
  • 2 posts
We use QuickBooks Pro 2002. On my computer (the data files are on another) when I open QuickBooks I get through the login but while it is loading I get the error message "QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close".... "send report to Microsoft" and the program closes. QuickBooks works as expected from any other computer and all other programs seem fine on my machine although Internet Explorer can be slow with occassional freezes. I have Bitdefender Total secutity 2011 which does not see any problems. I have reinstalled QB with no change in problem. Any ideas? Need any information I failed to provide?

Advertisements