Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Inserting Numbered list into Microsoft Office table

• Please log in to reply

Granmama

Granmama

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I have a list of names with a number in front of each name that I am trying to insert into a word table in order to make a pdf file. This is for a club booklet, and needs to remain in this chosen format. The message received is: "You can not paste this selection into a table". Can not find this issue addressed in the help contents of Microsoft Office. Any suggestions on how to make this work???

The reason I am using tables is because I have formated 8.5 X 11.5 paper to print 2 pages, (5.5 X 8.5 each) and using tables seems to be the fastest and most efficient. Have had no trouble with the rest of the pages, but none of them have numbered listings.

Thanks for any help!

Advertisements

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
Where/what format is the list held in currently?

Which version of Word are you using?

If you already have the text in Word, have you tried the "Text to Table" option?

Granmama

Granmama

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I am running word 2003, and can not find a "text to table" command in this version of word.
The list is in word and is in a two column format. Could the problem be that is is columns? Has to be in columns to get it all on one page.

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
Highlight all the list - press Ctrl + A

Table > Convert > Text to Table

Also see: http://office.micros...P005189230.aspx