Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

INTERNET

• Please log in to reply

mspetite1

mspetite1

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have DSL at home and can not access the internet. I had a Trojan virus that has been removed, but I still can't get online. When I click the internet icon, nothing happens. I was trying to download Firefox to a disk to go home and install, but I don't have enough space on the disk. Please help. What can I do to get internet back. I need to cancel paying for DSL if I have no access. Thanks sooo much!

Advertisements

bunnybiz

bunnybiz

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I had the same thing happen to me not to long ago. I called up my DSL provider (mine is earthlink) for technical support. I think what happen in my is that some of settings under Network were reset. I also had to reset my login into DSL. I have a certain IP address that I type in. (I wrote it down in my DSL Guide). This is how I reset my DSL. I'm sure it is different for everyone else depending on the provider.

Go call your DSL provider for support and get yourself back online.

I hope this helps.

bunnybiz

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Go call your DSL provider for support and get yourself back online.

I hope this helps.

bunnybiz

View Post

Without knowing what type of infection you had or may still have, bunnybiz said it best.....call your DSL provider to help get you back online or follow the directions
HERE
download the software to disk from a friends computer along with the directions, install and run the software on your computer and then post a saved hijack this log to disk and post it here using the friends computer. Hope to see you back online soon :tazz: