Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vision Software won't read all computers

• Please log in to reply

Mesagirl

Mesagirl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I work in a lab of 25 computers. I have a Vision software that I am supposed to learn to use. I have followed the directions to download and connect to all of the computers several times. Our building tech has done so as well, but leaves before it's finished and tells me it will work fine. The lab computers are running the program however I can only see half of the lab on my computer. Someone told me to change the BIOS settings to enable the computer. I've tried to do that on a couple of computers and it either starts in regular set up or it takes me to a password box and I do not have the password, nor will our tech. let me have it. I'm at a loss. I've used this software in another lab and had no problems at all. Is there anything you can tell me to try?

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Mesagirl,

Welcome to Geeks to go! :)

I apologize for the delay in response to your problem but I feel many have passed you by due to the nature of your issue being related to a work place computer.

As mentioned in our TOU (Terms of Use) Section 3.b.:

3. Geeks to Go Support Forum Rules, Policies and Disclaimers

b. We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.

This is a situation that will need to be over seen by your IT Manager though I will bring this issue to the attention of our Administrators and Moderators though I believe that they may agree with me.

Please don't let this decision stray you away from accessing this dedicated site for your personal computer needs.

Donna :unsure: