Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Most of my email now goes right to my DELETED ITEMS folder

• Please log in to reply

jenniferny

jenniferny

• Pip
  • 3 posts
1) I have just learned that Incredimail records every email address that flows through Incredimail, gathers them and then sells them to anyone willing to pay them for them.

2) If you have a problem with the program their tech support is terrible and appears to be poorly trained. I have now sent 3 tech support requests and the first two responses told me to do what I told them in my submission that I had already done. It has now been 2 weeks and they have not responded to my third request to help.

The problem: All of a sudden after a program update 75% of my email is being sent directly to my DELETED ITEMS folder, including addresses that are in my CONTACTS and even addresses in my FAVORITES. They apparently do not know how to fix this problem because they have stopped responding to my requests for help.

I have had Incredimail for 3 years now and it seems to be the same thing every time I have a problem. I like the features in the program, but now that I have learned that they sell every email address that flows through the program I now know why I get the number of SPAM mesages that I do since installing Incredimail. They are also located in the middle east and are not subject to the rules of this country and take full advantage of that fact. To bad, I liked the program, when it did work.

Has anyone had this problem and learned how to fix this?

Advertisements

John Bull

John Bull

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

The problem: All of a sudden after a program update 75% of my email is being sent directly to my DELETED ITEMS folder, including addresses that are in my CONTACTS and even addresses in my FAVORITES. They apparently do not know how to fix this problem because they have stopped responding to my requests for help.

Has anyone had this problem and learned how to fix this?

Jenni,

I have used Microsoft OE Email ever since I first had a PC and never had this problem. In fact I have never had a problem at all with OE.

What does happen is that if I by choice block a sender, then any mail received from then on goes straight into the Deleted Items folder and not into my Inbox.

Under Options, Message or Mail rules on your system, can you see anything checked that should not be checked that would cause this problem ? have a good look at blocked addresses or blocked anything that could be diverting your mail into the Deleted Items folder. Just fish around in this area and see if some default is doing it.

Other than that, dump your existing Email program and go for Microsoft OE or Mozilla Thunderbird.

The thread listed just below yours by moodog830 is about problems with Incredimail.
My opinion ? Get rid of it, seems more trouble than what it is worth.

John

Edited by John Bull, 21 August 2011 - 03:03 PM.

jenniferny

jenniferny

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
John, Thank You for the response. I have, more than once, Unblocked each of the senders whose messages are going to my DELETED ITEMS folder and it does not help as they keep going there. I also do not have any MESSAGE RULES which could cause something like this to happen too. Another thing, and this really baffles me, I have received mail from new senders and incredimail seems to send all of them to my DELETED ITEMS folder the first time they send me a message. I unblock them and their future emails go to the DELETED ITEMS folder anyway. The biggest issue I have is not with the program, but with the tech support department. They do not even seem to read my whole submission as I stated because they tell me to do what I have already told them I have done. I really like some of the features of incredimail and I am right now looking for a program that has similar features, such as built in emoticons and built in email backgrounds. They really dress up my emails and I get a lot of compliments from people that I email the first time. It is really a shame that incredimail does not have competent tech support staff because they do have a great idea. I have been using it for over 2 years and the tech support staff is really the only complaint I have, other than the problem that has recently cropped up. In the past, even though the tech support staff has been virtually useless, I have always been able to figure out the problems myself and fix them, but this one has me stumped.

Thank You for your suggestion!!

Jennifer