Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

THPM notepad file pops up at startup

• Please log in to reply

MC83

MC83

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently ran CCleaner to clear up some junk on my computer, but now there's this little problem. Every time I boot up my laptop this notepad file titled "thmp7781027284499665472" pops up. So far, it doesn't seem to be affecting my computer in any detrimental way. It's just very annoying to me, because I don't know what it is. The file is just a bunch of symbols and the few words that can be seen fall along the lines of "C o m p a n y N a m e P e o p l e C a n F l y @  F i l e D e s c r i p t i o n B u l l e t S t o r m" and "MSVCRT.dll SetupDiDestroyDriverInfoList".

I've tried looking for any desktop.ini files in the startup menu folder to see if that was the problem, but nothing is there, even when I changed my settings to show hidden files as well. I know that Bulletstorm is a game developed by People Can Fly, but I've never installed it or known of it before this little mishap. How can I stop this file from popping up?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Advertisements