Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death code 0X00000050

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope I think everything is related to the Rapport problem. We'll see once you have the resolved.

Advertisements

jimafm

jimafm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
rshaffer61,

Thanks. That is reassuring if it all BSOD related to Rapport.

Last night before going to bed, I downloaded Rapport from their web site and installed it on top of the current version. I was hoping that would cure the problem. They don't offer any driver updates. This morning, I had the BSOD, so I sent an email to Rapport. No reply as of yet.

I'm going to remove Rapport and see what happens. I can do without BOA far easier than I can do without my PC!

I really doubt Rapport is the only problem because:

1. The HDD, set to turn off after 10 minuets, never does.

2. The monitor, set to turn off after 15 minutes, never does

3. The DVD/CD suddenly went dead

4. The PC takes a very long time to respond when simply opening or closing a web page or program, even when the CPU is just idling at the time.

Obviously, a single core processor and an 80 gig HDD isn't much. I seldom do more than look at photos or run one program at a time, usually IE 8, so I have been just fine until all this started. As I run out of HDD space, I just dump a large batch of recent photos onto my portable HDD. I am now reluctant to do that, as I fear infecting that drive. And, sadly, I can't burn anything to a disk.

Any suggestions would be a great help.

I'll post what Rapport has to say (if anything), and the results of removing it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

As I run out of HDD space, I just dump a large batch of recent photos onto my portable HDD. I am now reluctant to do that, as I fear infecting that drive.

It sounds as though you suspect a infection is active on your system. the Rapport file has been linked to some infections so you may want to have our malware techs go through your system and just check it out.
I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found HERE. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

jimafm

jimafm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I am delighted to report no BSOD. Removing Rapport seems to have resolved that.

Now, if I can just get my HDD to turn off and my CD/DVD to turn on....

Thank you very, very much. You made my week!

Jim

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please do the malware steps as I suspect that may be the other part of your issue.

wobblewobble

wobblewobble

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Just dropping by to say I had the exact same problem and this site proved to have an easy fix: http://www.0x00000050.net