Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer HP C3180 photosmart Obsolete

• Please log in to reply

shibbs

shibbs

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi. I don't really know what to do here. My printer is 'obsolete,' as they say, and I have just moved to two-weeks-from-everywhere... The power cord to the printer didn't make it here. It has a three prong connector. I believe, if I remember correctly, that the cord that connects to the printer, itself, attaches to another adapter that goes into the wall outlet. I have checked every parts store in town and none of them have it. All of them told me to call HP. So I did. And the printer is obsolete, which means its connecter is obsolete, which I don't even think is correct. (Really!? HP made a printer with a unique connection that can't possibly be used on newer models? Absurd.) But anyway, I just wonder if anyone knows where I can get that cord. Maybe you have one lying around if you're the sort of person who tosses all the obsoleted things and buys new. I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone replies to this...

I would love to post a picture of the connection port but somehow I have lost the usb to my camera as well...

Edited by shibbs, 21 August 2011 - 02:46 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,746 posts
Hi shibbs
Best I can find http://www.ebay.com/...=item588eaa9a81 hope it is what you are after and that the delivery time is not too long.

shibbs

shibbs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
That's a piece of it. Unfortunately, it is also the easy to find piece of it. What I really, badly need is the connector with the three prong connection. Thanks for trying though. :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,746 posts
It is included with the power supply, see the screenshot from the advert;