Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Custom Design Avatars etc.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
If you dont mind can I also have a small picture of the logo ur maing one normal and other a bit 'washed-out' so I can put them as the logo of which there are new posts or not.

Thanks!

Advertisements

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

If you dont mind can I also have a small picture of the logo ur maing one normal and other a bit 'washed-out' so I can put them as the logo of which there are new posts or not.

Thanks!

View Post

No problem :tazz: We'll Git 'er dun! :)

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Thanks!

Fat2000

Fat2000

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to add an avatar to my posts and I have not succeeded. everytime I ask it to update the avatar after I have chosen one of the Gallery avatars it gets to the next page with an error indicating that the avatar was not chosen. :) How do I fix this or am I not allowed to have an avatar yet? :tazz:

Thank you in advance,
Frank

Nevermind, It seemed to have appeared once I made this post. :) Thanks again,
and great job with this site.
Frank

Edited by Fat2000, 13 September 2005 - 04:20 AM.

Fat2000

Fat2000

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hi again,

I would like to know, how can I obtain a custom animated avatar that not only can I use here but also on my e-mail signature. The avatar that I want is a Penguin or the famous Linux TUX with a message behind it stating "I wear my TUX to LAN parties!" Can that be done? :tazz:

Thank you,
Frank

PurpleSapphire

PurpleSapphire

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

@PurpleSapphire,
OH wow, finally another sims fan! And not only that, but one who likes the same things that I do. I have a plethora of purple items that I have made for The SIms2. Everything from a pool table to a Bar-b-que to a Dishwasher. And on my Sim page (same name, Go4fall) you will find Lana Lavendar, a custom made all Purple Sim complete with Lavender skintone and hair! And the winner of the superstar challenge, Adam Prism, the most handsome of all male sims can be found there also!! (Sorry, got off track here for a moment)
I just happen to have well over 1000 fonts on my comp, so I think that I can probably find something that will suit you. Thank you SO much for being considerate enough to add the names of a couple of fonts that would be acceptable. Little things like that make our job SO much easier. And the clear description of what you want makes it even better :tazz:  So, for that, you get an As-some from Bell, Ven and me!!  :) Only other thing we need to know is how large can the total file size be? Like 100KB maybe? And how large can the image be? Like 100x100 pixels maybe?

View Post

Hey Shez,
Thanks for getting back to me. 100x100 at 100kb sounds right to me (I can host it from my site if it's too big for forum regs). Just work your magic ......it's AS-SOME! :)

I took a look at your Simpage. I love it! I'm going to download your creations when I get a chance to get to my other computer (the one I play the game on). I know exactly where I'm going to place all those Sims and I can't wait. Adam is quite handsome! He's going in my upscale neighborhood. Is he modeled after a human by chance? :)

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
@Fat2000 You mean this little guy? linux.gif Lol, I think it would be simple enough to substitute your very cute little phrase instead. And since the penguin already exists in my files, it is even a more simple matter. And the avatar that we will make for you will work anywhere. So, sure, we will get it together for you, no problem. I'm glad you got your temporary avatar problem worked out. Some of the Good Karma building going on here must have rubbed off on you :)

@Purple Saphire,
Thanks for taking a look at my page. Do you have one also? Perhaps I had better PM you to discuss Sims more because I have a LOT more to say and I can tell that you do also. I'd love to hear all about your neighborhoods. And I would love to personally invite you to place where we as-some sim ppl hang out these days! And about Adam, sadly, he only exists in my dream world, but I have a VERY active dream life! :ph34r: :) I'm so very honored that you're going to place him in the up scale neighborhood.
Here's a little something interesting for you. Download a house called "The Aquament" from the official site and install it in your game. It has something in it that I still don't know how to explain and have yet to figure out. It's as-some and so are you!!! I'm SO glad that you showed up here. Do stick around!! Bellona, the author of as-some :tazz: :) has been about the only other female seen around here lately. Perhaps I'll have to stall on getting your's done as long as I have on hers so you will still be here, LOL. (Hi Bellona! teehee) And, you can gain access to all of the purple object files that I've made to go into my all purple house that I'll build someday IF I ever get time to play again, lol. You'll love it. floors, walls, shrubs, everything in your color!!

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Well, I put this together for you in hopes that it would be a small enough file. But, alas, it is a 36kb file. Far more than the 15 kb that you need. But, it's something to start with. Now I just need to do some whittling away at it! and make it half the size somehow :) Perhaps you can use this larger file somewhere else while I figure out how to make it smaller?
Posted Image

View Post

Some said it couldn't be done. I wasn't sure it could be done. But I was convinced that something could be done. SO, Panic Zone, here is your avatar that meets the requirements of being under 15 kb and less than 80x80 pixels. You asked for the near impossible and nearly didn't get it done :tazz: . But, I'm usually one who will rise to the occasion and likes a challenge. SO, without further ado, here's the most I could squeeze into 9.12 kb and 75x75 pixels!
Oh, and here's another something that Ven and I put together for someone else around here. You can find it Here

Attached Thumbnails

• Paniczonesmaller.gif

Cloud ate noobs

Cloud ate noobs

• Pip
  • 8 posts
i would like a pic of my current avatar on this site with the words cloud ate noobs fgf member on 1 and geekstogo member on the other if that is at all possible

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

No problem :tazz: We'll Git 'er dun!  :)

View Post

Also sorry I couldn't mention before! Can I also have another picture of the the site logo a bit smaller! so I can use it the same way Admin here on GTG has used for Trusted helpers.

Game Freak!

Edited by Game_Freak, 14 September 2005 - 10:59 PM.

Advertisements

PurpleSapphire

PurpleSapphire

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Yep. I've got a page. I go by PurpleSapphireC. LOL! You can pm me whenever you want. I could yammer on about TS2 for days! Where do people hang out? The cozier sites all seem to be dying out. Thanks for the heads up on the Aquament! I dig it (and I'm not overly found of futuristic stuff)! I can't wait to take a look at it up close. Best of all, it only requires TS2....I haven't gotten the EPs yet. The purple house sounds insanely as-some :) I think I should start paying Bellona everytime I use her catchphrase, otherwise it's copyright infringment :tazz: She should start an As-some Society. We girls have to stick together!

I will definitely stick around this site so take as long as you need/want to. :) As a matter of fact, I have enrolled in the University here.

davepig

davepig

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi. I have been looking at some of these avatars you have created and i am absolutely amazed. Art and design has never been a strong point of mine. At first i coulodn't see the point of having one but i have turned full circle and would really love you to desing one for me. No idea what i would like - my username is davepig so i suppose some kind of pig would be great but i'll happily leave the rest to you. My interests include poker, sci-fi and Brentford FC (whose team colours are red and white vertical stripes). Would love to see what you come up with. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Dave

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Never to rush you G04Fall but when do you think that it will be finished? Members are complaining about the current logo!

Game Freak

Fat2000

Fat2000

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

@Fat2000 You mean this little guy?  linux.gif Lol, I think it would be simple enough to substitute your very cute little phrase instead. And since the penguin already exists in my files, it is even a more simple matter. And the avatar that we will make for you will work anywhere. So, sure, we will get it together for you, no problem. I'm glad you got your temporary avatar problem worked out. Some of the Good Karma building going on here must have rubbed off on you  :)

View Post

Thank you Go4all,

I really appreciate it. Yes, :) some of that good karma is rubbing off. I have learned somethings about computers here that I didn't know either. Eventhough I am a Linux user. I still once in a while will venture into Windows world. Once again Thank you for your help with the Avatar customization, you are the BOMB! :tazz:

Well, have to hit the HAY. :)

Edited by Fat2000, 16 September 2005 - 05:05 AM.

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
@CLoud ate noobs,
I love your avy pic. IS that something that you drew? That's as-some artwork! I've gotten even more carried away with collecting fonts and have about 2,000 now. So, I would be happy to put some letters on your pic. Do you have a particular color that you prefer? Welcome, welcome! It's so nice to see you here! :tazz: (BTW, You DO mean your avatar and NOT your Siggy, right?)

@ GameFreak,
Not that it's so much trouble BUT if we are making a logo for you, I don't quite understand why you need us to make it in all the different sizes. It's a very simple matter to resize a pic, and it's better to teach a man to fish than to feed him for a day! Unless you are talking about using the yin-yang animation as your logo, and then, of course, we would need to resize it for you, but then we wouldn't need to design one. I think this merits a little more discussion. If it turns out that you do need the full variety of sizes, it would be so nice and orgainzed if you would be a sweetheart and make one little list all together of exactly what you would like from us. And, I will confess, at this particular time around here, Venledar is the hare and I am the turtle. So, I think that he would be better suited to take care of you since you are so eager to get your wonderful new site looking all spiffy. And ppl complaining about your lack of logo? :) Well, how dare they! :) I say we chase them down with pointy sticks and jagged rocks and force them to watch reruns of 'Who's the Boss" until they beg for mercy! That'll teach 'em to complain about logos!! LOL Please PM Ven and get it figured out, KK?

@Purple Sapphire
I'll PM you, we need to talk girl! I just got Nightlife yesterday!!! And haven't had time to install it yet. That's a crime in some states, I think!! I'm SO please that you joined Geek U. I know that you'll do well, and you'll be a Senior in no time :tazz: Quick sims note, What in the world have they done just inside the front door of The Aquament? or how? It amazes me....but we will talk about that somewhere else lest we get, um, chased with pointy sticks..... lol I'm glad you're going to stick around because I want to make your avy myself and as I said, I'm moving at turtle speed. Have you guys ever been on a tractor? I think it's so funny. When you get on a tractor, there are no numbers, no speeds, there is a picture of a rabbit, and a picture of a turtle, and you move the stick toward which way you want to go, rabbit or turtle :ph34r: (OK, it's late and I'm way off topic, but I couldn't resist with all this pig, turtle, rabbit talk, lol)

@Frank,
I say you are phat for choosing to hang out with the in crowd here! I'm so happy to see you here. And I really adore that penguin. Even at the risk of get chased with pointy sticks(who would come up with an idea like that?) I'll have yours done tomorrow since it will take such little time. Thank you for being easy to please. BUT don't leave us just because you have your shiny new avatar. Please do stick around for witty remarks and inside jokes!! :)

@Davepig,
LOL, What a screen name. I just love it. And there are so many wonderful pigs out there. Wilbur, the one from Charlotte's web, what's the name of the one from "Green Acres"? OH, was it Arnold? So many pigs, so little time. OH, now were talking about MY love life, sorry, :tazz:
You have really made my day. When someone stops to rethink something and opens their mind to it, it is a beautiful thing. And I really like the honest way that you express yourself. You sound like an as-wome (the New NEW buzzword of the week) person, really. IT's easy to tell that you are the sort who has no reason to do anything but tell the truth. No hidden agenda's for you. That's so refreshing. I love the ppl I meet here. And you have given us great info to come up with something as-wome for you, Dave! It will be a pleasure creating for you :ph34r: