Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Custom Design Avatars etc.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Sorry for so many post! DARN CONNECTION!

Advertisements

Be||ona

Be||ona

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

@ Bellona
As-some will already go down in history as belonging to you as far as I'm concerned but I'm going to steal it  on a regular basis  OH, and about your avy. It is possible to use the underwater effect and make her much less distorted but I was playing with her and did this and thought I'd see if you thought it was as interesting as I thought it was. I thought this effect deseved an As-some! Gives you something else to consider......Let me know if you'd like to use it or if you still want to use the underwater effect with less distortion. It's getting about time that I made a decision one way or another, don't you think? lol  

as usual AS-Some work Go4fall :) sorry for the late reply. been outstation for the whole week. so so so sorry :ph34r: :tazz:

and yeah i agree.. and executive decision has to be made :tazz: . ok.. the first image looks great.. especially after u've added my username 'Be||ona' there (err.. will u? hehe). the second chick looks a little like she just drank a whole bottle of irish whiskey tho hehe... :ph34r:

and again.. TYVM for ur effort. if u were here right now, i'd kiss the ground u walk on :tazz: .. oh and great work on the other avatars :) :)

Edited by Be||ona, 19 September 2005 - 04:44 AM.

twister3634

twister3634

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

@Frank,
Your gratitude is thanks enough. And the  really good laugh that you've shared with us with your hilarious play on words. But, if you want to owe me one, I'll take it, lol. Don't keep Tux up too late, I don't think he's old enough for much partying!
I will have to confess, I only recently learned the terminology which made me privy to why the joke was funny. So, all you others out there who needed Ven's explanation, don't feel badly. And Game freak, thank you for being bold enough to ask! That is an As-wome quality!  So many ppl fail to ask about something when they don't understand it because of fear of looking stooooopid. Thereby assuring themselves stooooopidity forever. The only bad questions are those that go unasked. Each day that you learn just one thing, you should count as a successful day.c :tazz:

@Twister3634
Hey there! I bet you thought I had forgotten about you, didn't you? Well, since this the topic at hand is honesty, I'm going to confess that in making a transitional list, you did somehow manage to get overlooked in the process. (But for everyone else, he was the ONLY one, lol) So I sat down to make amends for that tonight. And WOW, did I do you justice. Actually, I went far and above anything that you would ever need. And, if I do say so myself, I made some beautiful images. It's really more like a small movie, lol. And, I'm sad to say that it's far to large to use anywhere. Unless you wanted to post it on a website, but it's 843KB. But I'm really proud of what I put together and I would love to show it off to all of our friends here. I have managed to host the file HERE because it was too large to put in the forum here. I know it's a pain to click on something :)  but I'd really like it if some of you would take a look at this and tell me what you think about it. And if you would like any of your unfinished avatars that I've yet to make made in a similar style. I just fell in love with these type of patterns and transitions. I do hope someone will take a peek at it and let me know if you like it or not. I just hate to think that I sat up all night long working on this and that no one will ever even see it :) Silly me. I will chop away at it and show it to you all when it is a decent viewable size. And Twister, thanks for being so patient. I'm really sorry it has taken so long.

View Post

WOW! That Is Amazing Dude.. I Love It ... The Colors Are Excellant.. Keep The Rainbows :) Do What You Need To Do To Make It Smaller Thanks A Bunch! Twister3634

fishface-69

fishface-69

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi go4fall & thanks for the reply...image attached that will do - cat is apparently nit highly ranked enough to be a darth!! Yes she is very cute & very much appreciates your efforts tomorph her into something powerfull as she's basically a ball of fluff & needs assistance in being assertive!! She is 1 by the way & duly doctored so if she does get up to any mischief no harm will be done!! MAny thanks from me too...tried to do this all day yesterday with no joy & nearly tears & a desire to throw my computer out the window! If you can have image animated & able to use as an avatar with message "Pricess Manu cat has gone to the dark side" that would be great but if she is just "superimposed" that is fine too! WIll now try to attach images for you to take your pick of which you can use.....

Attached Thumbnails

• image_2.gif
  • darth_maul.jpg

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
@Steamhead,
I still haven't figured out the perfect thing to do for you. BUT I did do one of the things that I want to do for you. And since it has been so long, I wanted to at least get something to you. I thought that you seemed like that type of guy who would like to have a gold name plate on his building some day, so that's what I made for you! I will make something else animated also, but I thought this would brighten things up for now. :)
Posted Image

@Fishface
Thank you so much for getting back with those alternate images so quickly. We appreciate that a lot. I think Princess Manu will look much better combined with those. We will get to it as soon as we can. We still have a few on the list in front of you, as you can probably tell. But my trusty cohort, Venledar is an amazing animator, and when he gets going, he's like lightening! Of course, I think, unlike me, he might actually have a real life also! But, I do promise that you will get it before you are old and gray! Unless you are already old and gray and then all bets are off, lol!

@Gamefreak
I looked at your site again and I must say Bravo!! WOW, you have done such an as-wome job with it. To all of our other friends, I suggest you stop by and check out the new site. He has really put a lot of beautiful work into it! I know there's a bunch of gamers out there! I'm really impressed!! No wonder you are so eager to get your logo all squared away. I'm sorry that these things take more time than you want them too but we want for you to have something that you will really be happy with. And good things come to those who wait. There is simply no way to rush the creative process. But we will do everything we can do get you set up as soon as possible, without being unfair to anyone else :tazz: :)

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

I thought that you seemed like that type of guy who would like to have a gold name plate on his building some day, so that's what I made for you!

:tazz: :) :)

!!!!!!!

lol thanks! it's umm... AS - SOME!!!

lol ... thanks again...I'll probably use it in my sig...hmmm...I gotta idea.....

thanks again!! You are da bomb!!

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

@Gamefreak
I looked at your site again and I must say Bravo!! WOW, you have done such an as-wome job with it. To all of our other friends, I suggest you stop by and check out the new site. He has really put a lot of beautiful work into it!  I know there's a bunch of gamers out there! I'm really impressed!! No wonder you are so eager to get your logo all squared away. I'm sorry that these things take more time than you want them too but we want for you to have something that you will really be happy with. And good things come to those who wait. There is simply no way to rush the creative process. But we will do everything we can do get you set up as soon as possible, without being unfair to anyone else :tazz:  :)

View Post

Thanks!
Please take your time to make it look good!

Game Freak

Be||ona

Be||ona

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
:) maybe what we need in the word as-some or as-wome into an avatar or something.. :tazz: :) :)

Chopstix

Chopstix

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

@ Canadian_Bit,
Hey Glo :) ,
Here's what I put together for you just like we talked about. I added the little flare in the corner as my salute to the Aurora Borealis, otherwise known as "The Northern Lights". Should you happen not to like it, I can take it away without any trouble. I thought it added a nice flare, (pun intended, lol)

Shez, I like it very much. You did a very good job with it. :tazz:

But do be careful of those one eyed snakes. I hear their bites can lead to lengthy bouts of hysteria!!

Those two are running this gal ragged. I thought when I cut the third one loose, things would be easier but ... I still need to get rid of one more. I hardly have any time to myself. :)

The only thing missing from your personality is something funny about it. But, you never know what little surprises I might be back with, so look out, lol. You might be seeing different versions of this in the future wiith other things on it! Do enjoy, and I will talk with you soon, you as-wome, sweet, whacky, geeky transplant! hugz! shez
Posted Image

View Post

Now you have me curious. I guess I am going to have to keep checking. :) With my personality on the line of creative and crazy ... that could be scary.

I was looking through this thread and I was impressed with the job you have done. If you were here right now, I'd give you a pat on the back and some vodka in a glass of ice tea.

Now that my brother in law is finally out of the hospital (after seven long months) I can reclaim some time back and get in here more often.

See you real soon.
glo

Edited by canadian_bit, 21 September 2005 - 11:19 PM.

cheseball

cheseball

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hmm can you please make me a avatar of something to do with my name maybe put a picture of cheese or something that is animated or put a good back ground on it? :)
If you need anymore spefic instrution ask me :tazz: ty for ur time.

Edited by cheseball, 23 September 2005 - 07:17 PM.

Advertisements

fishface-69

fishface-69

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey beggars cant be choosers & I appreciate the effort ...so whenever you can get it done is fine! The avatar is for my name on a cyber crop (scrapbooking!) where opposing teams (jedi & darkside!) compete!...Princess Manu Cat has turned to the dark side!!...Thus a change in avatar!

@Steamhead,
I still haven't figured out the perfect thing to do for you. BUT I did do one of the things that I want to do for you. And since it has been so long, I wanted to at least get something to you. I thought that you seemed like that type of guy who would like to have a gold name plate on his building some day, so that's what I made for you! I will make something else animated also, but I thought this would brighten things up for now. :)
Posted Image

@Fishface
Thank you so much for  getting back with those alternate images so quickly. We appreciate that a lot. I think Princess Manu will look much better combined with those. We will get to it as soon as we can. We still have a few on the list in front of you, as you can probably tell. But my trusty cohort, Venledar is an amazing animator, and when he gets going, he's like lightening! Of course, I think, unlike me, he might actually have a real life also! But, I do promise that you will get it before you are old and gray! Unless you are already old and gray and then all bets are off, lol!

@Gamefreak
I looked at your site again and I must say Bravo!! WOW, you have done such an as-wome job with it. To all of our other friends, I suggest you stop by and check out the new site. He has really put a lot of beautiful work into it!  I know there's a bunch of gamers out there! I'm really impressed!! No wonder you are so eager to get your logo all squared away. I'm sorry that these things take more time than you want them too but we want for you to have something that you will really be happy with. And good things come to those who wait. There is simply no way to rush the creative process. But we will do everything we can do get you set up as soon as possible, without being unfair to anyone else :tazz:  :)

View Post

Kitty_Cat

Kitty_Cat

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Can you make one that is animated and it shows a mimitchi going back in forth then flashes a star then flashes frogogotchi?

Sorry if it's too much!
BTW,

A mimitchi looks like this

Thankyou,

Kitty_Cat

Fat2000

Fat2000

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Can you make one that is animated and it shows a mimitchi going back in forth then flashes a star then flashes frogogotchi?

Sorry if it's too much!
BTW,

A mimitchi looks like this

Thankyou,

Kitty_Cat

View Post

Hey,

That looks like a Tomagotchi or somekind of Pokemon. KOOL :tazz:

Fat2000

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Hello friends!
Thank you all SO much for the very witty responses! Your remarks are what makes it all worth while! I would love to talk with admin about whether they would give us a little room to play some games together and have an off-topic area. Because I have just become so fond of all of you, I would love to keep this group together. Each of you are so very special to me. And there is such an interesting mix of ppl here! I will check into it.
@Steamhead, that is just TOO funny what you did with changing your phrase from TV to building :) That was just perfect, LMAO!!

@Canadian_Bit Remember we talked about bashing those snakes with sticks. You might want to remember that little trick, LOL.

@Fishface Never fear, help is just around the corner for your ball of fluff. Just what sort of animation did you have in mind? What is it that you would like to have move? Or would you like for Darth to Morph into Princess Manu? And should the words be "Princess Manu has gone to the dark side" OR "Princess Manu CAT has gone to the dark side"?

@ Everybody(and expecially BEll): I've got this terminology figured out, EVERYBODY listen now and I"ll add it to my siggy just to keep things straight maybe. And/or perhaps make a siggy for Bell but here's the way it is. As-some, as we all know very well by now means fantastix BUT the opposite of AS-SOME should be AS-WORME. HOw's that? EVerybody think that will work? Any objections? any other ideas? Any objections? Ok then, votes have been counted, amendment passes. AS-SOME is the opposite of AS-WORME!! OK then back to business.

@Game_Freak Didn't you want a logo that said Gaming staff(hhmm, should be Gamerz staff, right?)? Which is fine. But, I think you will also need one that is similar that says HighendPCgamerz. Am I correct about this? Which quickly brings me to the next point. I had thought that my trusty companion was working on this(and he may very well be) but I haven't had the opportunity to be in touch with him for a few days. So, I will get something started for you if he doesn't show up VERY soon. (oh, and it would be really nice of you to go back and edit out those duplicate posts that happened when your connection was messing up, if you don't mind. Just click the edit button at he bottom of your post and then delete what was there. It would make things look a little more neat, don't you think, sweetums? :) )

@Venledar WHERE are you???? I'm offering a reward for any information leading to the whereabouts (and perhaps apprehension!) of Ven that results is sucessfully getting him BACK HERE! IF you are able to locate him and can get him to post here, you will move up to the first spot on the list! And I"ll owe you a big one!

@Cheeseball: Love the name. I can think of all kinds of fun things to do with that one, lol. I have a German friend who just happens to think that cheese is very funny! So, I think I already have some resources from which to draw from in my files. I will be honored to make an avatar for you. I will need to know from you what size restrictions there are at whatever forum you will be using it at. ANd if it is not a specific forum right now, I can just use the limits at this forum, however, they are a bit small. Well, not THat small. My avatar is the largest size they can be. And the total file size is 100 KB.

@Kitty_Cat I have an only child, her pic is on the previous page, so you know I love your screen name! And I agree with Fat2000, the Tamagotchi stuff is tre' kewl! But, I'm just a little uninformed and I would really appreciate it if you could save me a little time and get a pic of frogogotochi to me also. I would really appreciate it so very much. If you would do me that one little favor, it would make things so much more simple for me. And it is SO sweet of you to say, but No, lol, it is not asking to much at all. That is what I am here for.

@Twister: To answer your question about what I have to do to make it smaller. I have to get rid of about 3/4 of the apx.350 frames that make up the entire animation! BUT don't fret, I can't still keep the kewl parts in. I think I know what you are talking about. I will edit out the parts where the circular images go through all of the changes and keep the ones where your name does the color changes and spins. That sound OK?

@ EVERYONE Posted ImageIt is The World CHicken Festival around where I live, so I have unchained myself from the computer, in order to go out into the light of day and remind myself what real ppl look like. I can report so far that by and large, they are a fairly gruesome lot in this area. But, so far I have collected a $20 Dora The Explorer amoung other things. The rest came more cheaply as I found a way to compet against a bunch of little kids shooting a water gun at a clowns head so that I could win everytime and collect all of the "must have" souveniers from an event such as this. (sorry kids but it's a viscious world, lol) And I had some As-some Mehndi done on my hands. I'll try to get a pic of it posted, it's truly as-some! But, the point of all of this is, with me doing a little bit of RL and with my partner MIA things have again piled up a little bit. Also, I am having some company this week, so, I'll not have as much time to work on this as I usually do.
SO, here's what I'm going to do about it. HEY! And no fussing there in the back row!(I heard that :) ) Your projects are not going to come out in any order that makes sense to you. I am going to get done what I can easily get out of the way and finished first. Simply so that I can pare the list down to something that doesn't look so scary. Then I will have a much better mind set to tackle the more demanding projects. NO ONE has asked too much of me, and all of your requests are perfectly within reason. I just wanted to explain this so that no one got upset about the order in which things get done for a little while. So, I ask of you to please, pretty please be patient with me, and I promise to work my little fingers to the bone to make wonderful things for you all :tazz: I do truly enjoy what you give me the opportunity to do and for that I owe each of you a huge THANKS! And, if ever you feel that you have not been treated fairly in anyway, please feel free to PM me and let's talk about it. If there is one main thing I want to accomplish here, it is to make ppl in this difficult world just a little bit happier. So, if there is any griping to be done, you are welcome to do it, but do it with me in private and I will make you feel guilty about it! LOL Hugz to all, and Happy Chicken Festival!!Posted Image
:ph34r:

fishface-69

fishface-69

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Hello friends!
Thank you all SO much for the very witty responses! Your remarks are what makes it all worth while! I would love to talk with admin about whether they would give us a little room to play some games together and have an off-topic area. Because I have just become so fond of all of you, I would love to keep this group together.  Each of you are so very special to me. And there is such an interesting mix of ppl here! I will check into it.
@Steamhead, that is just TOO funny what you did with changing your phrase from TV to building :) That was just perfect, LMAO!!

@Canadian_Bit Remember we talked about bashing those snakes with sticks. You might want to remember that little trick, LOL.

@Fishface Never fear, help is just around the corner for your ball of fluff.  Just what sort of animation did you have in mind? What is it that you would like to have move? Or would you like for Darth to Morph into Princess Manu? And should the words be "Princess Manu has gone to the dark side" OR "Princess Manu CAT has gone to the dark side"?

:tazz: Princess Manu Cat has gone to the dark side morphing from manu to darth of you can but I'm happy with whatever! Thanks!!

@ Everybody(and expecially BEll): I've got this terminology figured out, EVERYBODY listen now and I"ll add it to my siggy just to keep things straight maybe. And/or perhaps make a siggy for Bell but here's the way it is. As-some, as we all know very well by now means fantastix BUT the opposite of AS-SOME should be AS-WORME. HOw's that? EVerybody think that will work? Any objections? any other ideas? Any objections? Ok then, votes have been counted, amendment passes. AS-SOME is the opposite of AS-WORME!! OK then back to business.

@Game_Freak Didn't you want a logo that said Gaming staff(hhmm, should be Gamerz staff, right?)? Which is fine. But, I think you will also need one that is similar that says HighendPCgamerz. Am I correct about this? Which quickly brings me to the next point. I had thought that my trusty companion was working on this(and he may very well be) but I haven't  had the opportunity to be in touch with him for a few days. So, I will get something started for you if he doesn't show up VERY soon. (oh, and it would be really nice of you to go back and edit out those duplicate posts that happened when your connection was messing up, if you don't mind. Just click the edit button at he bottom of your post and then delete what was there. It would make things look a little more neat, don't you think, sweetums? :ph34r: )

@Venledar WHERE are you???? I'm offering a reward for any information leading to the whereabouts (and perhaps apprehension!) of Ven that results is sucessfully getting him BACK HERE! IF you are able to locate him and can get him to post here, you will move up to the first spot on the list! And I"ll owe you a big one!

@Cheeseball: Love the name. I can think of all kinds of fun things to do with that one, lol. I have a German friend who just happens to think that cheese is very funny! So, I think I already have some resources from which to draw from in my files. I will be honored to make an avatar for you. I will need to know from you what size restrictions there are at whatever forum you will be using it at. ANd if it is not a specific forum right now, I can just use the limits at this forum, however, they are a bit small. Well, not THat small. My avatar is the largest size they can be. And the total file size is 100 KB.

@Kitty_Cat I have an only child, her pic is on the previous page, so you know I love your screen name! And I agree with Fat2000, the Tamagotchi stuff is tre' kewl! But, I'm just a little uninformed and I would really appreciate it if you could save me a little time and get a pic of frogogotochi to me also. I would really appreciate it so very much. If you would do me that one little favor, it would make things so much more simple for me. And it is SO sweet of you to say, but No, lol, it is not asking to much at all. That is what I am here for.

@Twister: To answer your question about what I have to do to make it smaller. I have to get rid of about 3/4 of the apx.350 frames that make up the entire animation! BUT don't fret, I can't still keep the kewl parts in. I think I know what you are talking about. I will edit out the parts where the circular images go through all of the changes and keep the ones where your name does the color changes and spins. That sound OK?

@ EVERYONE Posted ImageIt is The World CHicken Festival around where I live, so I have unchained myself from the computer, in order to go out into the light of day and remind myself what real ppl look like. I can report so far that by and large, they are a fairly gruesome lot in this area. But, so far I have collected a $20 Dora The Explorer amoung other things. The rest came more cheaply as I found a way to compet against a bunch of  little kids shooting a water gun at a clowns head so that I could win everytime and collect all of the "must have" souveniers from an event such as this. (sorry kids but it's a viscious world, lol) And I had some As-some Mehndi done on my hands. I'll try to get a pic of it posted, it's truly as-some! But, the point of all of this is, with me doing a little bit of RL and with my partner MIA things have again piled up a little bit. Also, I am having some company this week, so, I'll not have as much time to work on this as I usually do.
SO, here's what I'm going to do about it. HEY! And no fussing there in the back row!(I heard that :) ) Your projects are not going to come out in any order that makes  sense to you. I am going to get done what I can easily get out of the way and finished first. Simply so that I can pare the list down to something that doesn't look so scary. Then I will have a much better mind set to tackle the more demanding projects. NO ONE has asked too much of me, and all of your requests are perfectly within reason. I just wanted to explain this so that no one got upset about the order in which things get done for a little while. So, I ask of you to please, pretty please be patient with me, and I promise to work my little fingers to the bone to make wonderful things for you all :) I do truly enjoy what you give me the opportunity to do and for that I owe each of you a huge THANKS! And, if ever you feel that you have not been treated fairly in anyway, please feel free to PM me and let's talk about it. If there is one main thing I want to accomplish here, it is to make ppl in this difficult world just a little bit happier. So, if there is any griping to be done, you are welcome to do it, but do it with me in private and I will make you feel guilty about it! LOL Hugz to all, and Happy Chicken Festival!!Posted Image
:ph34r:

View Post