Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Custom Design Avatars etc.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Be||ona

Be||ona

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

And, it depends upon what programs you use. Here is little something that I use to adjust my gamma that I think it easy to use.Set and measure Gamma You might want to use this for comparison. Unless your operating system is signifiantly different than mine, then I suggest that we make a post in the "smart ppl who know about the innards of a comp" section and get to the bottom of just who should have what gamma. And no, "innards" is not a real word unless you are a Hillbilly, lol. And I believe where you live there are no hillbillys. So, I will have to PM you with an explanation if you aren't already familiar with the phrase, lol. But being the well informed lady that you are, you probably already know the concept, lol.

LOL @ smart ppl who know about innards of a comp :) . i definitely dont know about that.. about whats in the innard of a comp i mean.. not about what innards means. i think i've watched enough movies to grasp the concept (and read enough country & western romances :) ). u dont have to be jealous tho... its not a flat screen .. its an 18 inch black colored minitor. and i just told the technician who deliverd it to "configure anything that needs configuring and make my life easier". i'm a big believer on the concept of 'working smart.. not hard" a.k.a.. cheating :tazz:

Advertisements

Kitty_Cat

Kitty_Cat

• Pip
  • 3 posts

@ Kitty_cat: That makes SO much more sense. I did a google search of Frogogotchi and all I found was a bunch of posts by *someone* with the screen name of same! LOL Now I understand that 2+2=4! SO, you are the famous Frogogotchi! AHHA! That makes it even better! SO, I can make a kewl graphic of the word "Frogogotchi". I like that even better. And, of course I can do it. And yours happen to be one of those that falls in the category of "easier to do" .When you say a mimitichi "going back and forth"

Thanks Go4fall!!!

Rockett

Rockett

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Edited

Rockett

Edited by Rockett, 01 October 2005 - 08:51 PM.

xVEDGEx

xVEDGEx

• Pip
  • 6 posts
so i need an avatar......

i want the first frame thing to be a picture of a cute little pig..... after a while i want the words to say "DONT BITE ME" in big red letters. the frame after that should be a picture of a nerdy police man...... after a while the words "BITE ME" should appear...

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Hello all :) ,
First, a special thanks to Fishface. Thank you for your very kind words and warm wishes :) . And dont worry, you will never have to pull your hair out and have fits of tears again with us here! Anyway,that was just SO sweet of you to say. And I will have a couple of images to post re:my excursion and what Boo did while I was gone soon :tazz: (lol)

Um, again, forgive me for my "Would you like some candy" remark to Steamhead. lol

@Rockett: That's an As-some avatar that you have going on there. Would you mind sharing with everyone what process and tools you use to make something like that ? Personally, when I used to have time to play games, I was and am a SIms 2 addict. And the game has a movie creation feature built into it. Also, I have added MS Plus! Digital MEdia Edition which gives you much more variety with the windows movie maker 2.
And how kind and generous of you to offer to do it for others :) . I will keep your screen name on file and give you a shout should we need your services. :) If you do any other sorts of graphic arts, you might want to PM me and let me know what you can do. :) And if you would like to PM your email address to me, that would be even better :)

@Cheseball, THANK you So very much for pointing that out to me so tactfully. OR you would have indeed ended up with a mispelled avatar. Reminds me of those emails you see where all the letters are scrambled except the first and last and you can still read it. It's so easy to As-sume you already know what is going to be said and miss the details.There's a good life lesson in there somewhere!

@Bell: ROFL A woman after my own heart, lol. I can hear you now. " just bring it to me already hooked up, oh yeah, and bring it yesterday!!" I love your style. Truly the epitomy of As-some! And with a spectacular vocabulary! (innards lol) OH, and cheating, remind me sometime and I'll tell you the story of how I passed math 109! lol

@Kitty_Cat/Frogotochi: What colors are you especially fond of? And what is the absolute largest file size that I can make it? I keep running into the problem of making things that are larger than the file size limit for here as you are about to see, yet again, and can go back and see if you look back at the last post to twister 3634 and click on "HERE", which I think was AS-some, if I do say so myself, but about 5 times to large!!

@xVedgex: What an AS-SOme concept. I'm excited about doing this one, lol. That's going to look great! And what a groovy message! Again the question of how large can the image itself be? ( in pixels, like 100x100 or 150x150) and What is the total file size limit? (in MB like maybe 100 mb?) please check the forum(s) where you plan to use this and let me know the limit OR if you don't have a specific one in mind right now, just let me know that either here or through PM and we will figure it out. And, if you don't mind me asking, are you a vegetarian, or a hard core vegan? Do ppl who eat meat smell bad to you ? :)

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
:) Hi Purple Sapphire!
I owe you an email and I promise to get to it, but first let me submit this for you to take a look at. You may do with it as you please and we will talk about it through email because whether you love it or hate it, it is too large to use here :) :) I really thought this one would be under the limit, and, if you do like it, I may be able to go back and save the images in a different format and make it much smaller. :) It was one of those really as-worme late night, early mornings when I actually saved this, so, there might be somethings that could be done about it. But I wanted to post some work to brighten up the column, and break up my monologue, lol. And, then there's the possibility of keeping one of the images, like the yin-yang symbol, if you like it, and doing something different with your name......lots of options here. We just need to talk about it.....
hugz!!! :tazz:
Posted Image

xVEDGEx

xVEDGEx

• Pip
  • 6 posts
thanks!!!
haha..... yeah, im a vegan.......
and im a punk.......
and a nerd.......
but aren't we all!?!?!?
no, people who eat meat dont smell bad, meat actually smells good (but i didnt just say that...) i just believe in animal rights.......
the file size......hmmm......its for AIM so i think its something like 7,168 bytes......
thanks

nick
xxx

Rockett

Rockett

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Edited
Rockett

Edited by Rockett, 01 October 2005 - 08:51 PM.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Here's your Av Game Freak:

Posted Image

Enjoy!

Used an Ice map to make that one, that was a PAIN...You actually slide everywhere  :)

Rockett

View Post

How do I get it on my computer? :tazz: Copy and paste doesn't work? When I do that it shows a black screen??

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Princess Manu has left the building!

Here's the pic of Princess Darth, lol. I really didn't understand what about this you wanted animated. And I thought it was best as a still shot. But if there is something in it that you want to move, you might want to PM me and try to explain it to me :tazz: .
Posted Image

Advertisements

cheseball

cheseball

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Try right clicking it and click Save image as...

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
That gives a black screen??

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
lol, Go4fall, I just stopped laughing like an hour ago, then had to get some water because of a really dry throat...maybe related? I dunno...

Anywhoo, that was funny..

Because of this thread, people think I'm goin crazy....Saying As-some all the time, threating people via telling them Im gonna steal their choclate(sp?), drawing my logo thingy when I get bored..., randomly laughing thinking about the funny comments going on here...and a WHOLE lotta other stuff..

This is my all time coolest topic ever...:tazz:

Rockett

Rockett

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

@Rockett: That's an As-some avatar that you have going on there. Would you mind sharing with everyone what process and tools you use to make something like that ? Personally, when I used to have time to play games, I was and am a SIms 2 addict. And the game has a movie creation feature built into it. Also, I have added MS Plus! Digital MEdia Edition which gives you much more variety with the windows movie maker 2.
And how kind and generous of you to offer to do it for others  . I will keep your screen name on file and give you a shout should we need your services.  If you do any other sorts of graphic arts, you might want to PM me and let me know what you can do.  And if you would like to PM your email address to me, that would be even better 

Edited

Rockett

Edited by Rockett, 01 October 2005 - 08:52 PM.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Er...where can I get Jasc Animation shop? Google cant seem to find well I cant find it in google?