Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Custom Design Avatars etc.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Just a gentle reminder here that avatars used at Geeks To Go must be less than 16kb. Its in our Terms Of Service.

ScHwErV

FYI: This info is a bit confused. The terms of service don't actually address avatar size. However they DO address user posted images and that applies to our party pics. The terms of service state that pics need to be 16 kb and no larger than 50kb. SO, let's make ScHwErV proud of us! :tazz: Make sure your images are as small as possible, yet not so small as to lose the point of posting one. :woot:
I am trying to find out more about actual avatar size for us. I think that ppl realize when they come to this area of the forum that they are going to run into a lot of larger images. And I think that is exactly why they come here.(Ppl would rather look at pictures than read the words, :) ) I also believe that 21,209 views of this topic proves that point and justifies that remark. I have been working within the scope of keeping avatars under 100kb, which was the previous limit. Since the new software was installed, that number changed. The new rules for avatars state that an avatar can only be 30KB. And here's the kicker about that one.
It puts my ability to function here in SERIOUS jeopardy. It has been difficult to do the things that I have done within the confines of 100kb. To do it in roughly 1/3 of that is nearly impossible. IF that is the final word on what size avatars must be, I'm not sure how much longer I can be of any service here. NOT because I don't want to but because it makes it impossible for me to continue doing what I have been doing. I am terribly sad at the thought of it. IF you want this service to continue, talk to who you know, . Do whatever you know to do..............This is such a beautiful group of kind, wonderful ppl. I hope and pray this gets worked out. :) Cuz I sure do luv all of you guys.
Whatever may come, I will still continue to do my best to complete all requests that are made here. But if something doesn't change, there will be very little that I can do. :woot:

Advertisements

The Infinite

The Infinite

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Most of your images are above 30 KB, right? That's too bad, Shez :woot: How come the max size decreased from 100 to 30 KB? :tazz: I would have thought it would increase after the forum software was updated... :) I suppose there's nothing anyone can do about this, though. But could you please (pretty please?) still make my avatar? Cause I could use it on my own site, where there's no limit on the file size of a member's avatar or sig (at least, not yet and hopefully not for a long long time). :)
Hopefully someone (like the admin) can do something (anything?) to help. Later, Shez.

caron

caron

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
well well well i knew you had it in you...thats where the name comes from Go4fall...and you sure did...just dug down deep...and now we all can be a support for you,,, because that's what makes a forum...the people!

PEACE

caron

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
I will still continue to work on everyone's requests as planned. And everyone is still most welcome to place new requests. I will just do the best I can for now with them. They can be used other places, be put on hold until something changes, be made with MUCH less movement, something........ we will figure it out one at a time. Nothing has changed with me and I am far from ready to give up and quit.
Caron really summed up it for me. I have been sitting around in a funk, afraid to write anything because of being so upset about this matter. Scared to write the wrong thing; NOt wanting to share the side of myself that can be sad, disappointed, um, that would be human, :).
And then I realized that you ppl here are why I love doing this so much. And that you are the one's who would help me through this also. I love hanig out here. I love the ppl who come by here. And I love what I do and who I do it for. And I'm not ready to give up and disband because of a few KB's.

Soooo, Here is my public plea:
ALmighty Admin, please grant your humble servant this one small request so that my act of kindness may continue. Could we please, pretty please have our 100kb's back for avatars? It is really such a small matter for such huge servers. But, for us, it is more like evicting a large, wonderful family and leaving us homeless. PLEASE don't take it away....*sniff, sniff* :tazz:
:woot: :)

Perhaps if we use the motto I have quoted SO many times, "ask and ye shall receive" Admin will consider leaving things the way they were? I don't want to bug him with a ton of PM's but some of you trusted helpers could perhaps drop a note to whomever you are friends with and just ask if we could get this limit changed back to 100Kb's. And then things would be all peachy keen again :woot: Also, my posts would be a LOT more fun to read! :woot:

davepig

davepig

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi Go4Fall. Sooooooo sorry for the delay in posting. Did you miss me? LOL

Ever since i got involved with Geek U my entire life has exploded with things for me to do and i've had very little time to do anything with GTG.

Thanks for the PM. I have checked out my avatar and i love it. It is Uber-[bleep]-some!

I was tempted at one point to leave GU but i'm kinda hangin in there in the faint hope that things will cool down enough for me to get back on the job.

I do look in briefly from time to time to see what's going on but that's about my lot at the moment.

Please keep up the good work - you quest for the salvation of the avatarless will continue forever! LOL

All the best, and thanks again. DavePig

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
hey Go4Fall :)
As with my avator ... you don't have to worry much about the size limit ... if it doesn't fit here , then I'll use it in my sig , or another forum , or something ... but I'd rather have something the way YOU want it instead of the way you have to make it ... hope that makes sense ... :tazz: :)

Jmody

Jmody

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
Are you still taking requests. If so could you make me a cool one. it dont have to be a gif or anything. Just something to do with the army or what not.

Thank you and regards
JMody

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

hey Go4Fall :woot:
As with my avator ... you don't have to worry much about the size limit ... if it doesn't fit here , then I'll use it in my sig , or another forum , or something ... but I'd rather have something the way YOU want it instead of the way you have to make it ... hope that makes sense ... :) :woot:

Aw, see? Steamhead, you're such a sweetie. I haven't figured out just what your royal title is yet, but you DO have one. Perhaps you should be the Prince of Tides. What you said is SO sweet and considerate. See, like I said, until we can get things the way they need to be around here, and in case we can't, we will just work things out one by one. Just like life, you have to take it one day at a time. You don't have to have the answer for how to get everything done but just enough to get you to the next step or it is all to much to handle. Each small step brings you closer to your goal as long as you are moving in the right direction.
AND as long as you are not Sisyphus. :tazz: (As in "The Myth of Sisyphus"by Albert Camus) And even Sisyphus, ppl would argue, was actually both moving in the right direction AND toward his goal, in spite of his redundant rock pushing. But that's a whole other ball of wax (pun intended :woot: ) And Steamhead, you're going to HAVE to bring your grades up if you're going to be able to understand Camus puns! So, get out of here and get back to the books! (Sweetums :) ) :P Thanks for making my day.

Edited by Go4fall, 06 November 2005 - 05:23 AM.

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Are you still taking requests. If so could you make me a cool one. it dont have to be a gif or anything. Just something to do with the army or what not.

Thank you and regards
JMody

Hiya Jmody!
Welcome, welcome! It's so very nice to meet you :woot: I'm SO pleased that you have dropped into this little corner of the world. :woot: And you have just said the magic word here. You did say ARMY, right! I, um, have a sort of special appreciation for our guys who choose to wear the proud uniform of the armed forces.. And I am honored to be able to do something to please you. :woot: Any particular part of the ARMY you would like for me to try to emphasize for your avatar?
You just happen to have stopped by at wonderful time around here because we are still in the midst of "Fantasy Fest". IF you look back about 3 pages you will see the invitation that explains it all. Would you please consider "attending" our party with just a very small pic in uniform? :tazz:

(HEY, Bell. He won't scare easy, he's a US army guy! And I was really nice this time.)
And I just happen to have Boo's next costume ready to post also. :)
Posted Image :)

cheseball

cheseball

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Sorry about that. I didn't check the file when Ven gave it to me and he made a slight mistake in checking the file size for using it in this forum. I resized the animation. You should use this version of it and not the other one or the URL. You will be able to upload this from your computer and it will work. I apologize for the oversight. Forgive me, pretty please?? :tazz: I"ll let you come to the party if you forgive me........ :)

thanks but i alrdy made it work but thxs anyways.

Advertisements

ZELETOR

ZELETOR

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Thank you Go4fall for taking your time on working on my avatar, sorry ive ben absent for the past few weeks or so i had alot of homework,thanks for your understandings :) and thanks again :tazz:

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Hi Go4Fall. Sooooooo sorry for the delay in posting. Did you miss me? LOL

Ever since i got involved with Geek U my entire life has exploded with things for me to do and i've had very little time to do anything with GTG.

Thanks for the PM. I have checked out my avatar and i love it. It is Uber-[bleep]-some!

I was tempted at one point to leave GU but i'm kinda hangin in there in the faint hope that things will cool down enough for me to get back on the job.

I do look in briefly from time to time to see what's going on but that's about my lot at the moment.

Please keep up the good work - you quest for the salvation of the avatarless will continue forever! LOL

All the best, and thanks again. DavePig

DAVEPIG!!!!
YES!! I did miss you!! And I have been wondering where you have been. It's so very nice to get an update on what's going on with you. :woot: You are the best avatar convert story that I have to tell, so you are quite special to me :tazz: :woot: :) . I'm glad that you've decided to stick it out around here and not give up. Hey, even if you progress slowly with Geek U, at least you are progressing. And you will always have a home on the net here no matter if you are working through Geek Y or not! There's always something going on here, So please, at least stop by and let us know what this whirlwind life of yours is doing to or for you. :woot: You are just in time to join us for "Fantasy Fest" Look back about 4 pages and read the invitation for instructions on how to join the party!
I was beginning to worry that all of my hours spent in pig pens had been spent in vain. But I kept remembering that first message you wrote and I knew that you would not forsake me! So, please tell us, what's the haps around Manchester these days? What's keeping you so busy? Are you in work mode, school , love life, world domination or what? Details man, we want details. :)

Jmody

Jmody

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
removed due to double post

Sorry

:tazz:

Edited by Jmody, 07 November 2005 - 07:24 PM.

Jmody

Jmody

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
Hey go4fall, Actually I am in the military police corp. I had a picture of me in my uniform for my signature but I was told to remove it due to the fact that it was too big. I will post a link to it so everyone can see.

http://img465.images...llabella8nr.jpg

and i will be happy to attend the fantasy party. as long as i am able to get online at the time.

Edited by Jmody, 07 November 2005 - 07:23 PM.

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Hey go4fall, Actually I am in the military police corp. I had a picture of me in my uniform for my signature but I was told to remove it due to the fact that it was too big. I will post a link to it so everyone can see.

http://imageshack.us.../imageshack.us/

and i will be happy to attend the fantasy party. as long as i am able to get online at the time.

WOW! :) Jmody, it's no secret aroud here that you that you are exactly the kind of guy that a LOVE to look at :woot: . And that I have a lot of respect for. I can tell you that I am no less than ecstatic that you are willing to share a pic with us of you in uniform! Army AND police, that's a double bonus! The only problem is that the link you posted doesn't work. It only takes you to the image shack sign in page. I will PM you and help fix it for you.
Bellona, Princess Warrior, has warned me that I have been a little to aggressive in my search for a man who fits your description, but as I mentioned in your earlier post, you're not the type who would be easily scared, are you? But, she is here to see after everyone's well being and especially mine. And it's not that I want anything from you. Well, that's not exactly true. I really enjoy becoming friends with everyone who shows up here, and you are no exception. It's just that I really like to see men in uniform. That's not such a bad thing now, is it ?
Now, about this party. Fantasy Fest Invitation and Instructions In reality, all it takes to "attend" is to post the pic that you have already tried to post here. And I am going to help you with that. So, it's a no brainer. OF course, you can get more elaborate with it if you want, as some have. There's really no forseeable end to the party. Perhaps it will end sometime after New Years in the US.

Anyway, to bring you up to speed so you don't have to read all of the pages, I have been building a royal court. Since you are FINALLY the man who has made my dream come true, I think it is only proper that you are handed the next position in the royal court :woot: And with your credentials you certainly are worthy. :tazz:
So, Jmody, with pomp and circumstance, I duly entrust you with the honorable titles of both Knight of Dreams :woot: AND Seargent at Arms :) . And I welcome you to the Royal Family.
Long Live The Queen!

Edited by Go4fall, 07 November 2005 - 07:35 PM.