Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Custom Design Avatars etc.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Another "Quote of the Year" nomination to make things a bit more international. I think we can all appreciate an American Representative making a fool of himself in India :)

Rep. Tom DeLay (R-Texas) appeared at a prayer breakfast just after the Indian Ocean tsunami that killed 240,000 people. DeLay read a passage from Matthew about a nonbeliever: "…a fool who built his house on sand: The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew, and buffeted the house, and it collapsed and was completely ruined." Then, without comment, he righteously sat down. :tazz: :)

Advertisements

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Is the AFLAC avatar still in the works? I do not make it over here very often and was just checking on it. Size does not matter :) since it will not be used on this forum. Also, if you could send me a PM or email when it is ready that would be appreciated.

Hi RS,
Yes, the AFLAC Duck is still on the agenda and is coming up. Since it is a business avatar, I wanted to consult with a friend of mine about it. Am in the process of doing that now. Set your account so that you get notifications of PM's from here and I will drop you a PM when I have posted it so that you don't have to continuously search, given the length of time you have had a request submitted.

I have had some trouble wrapping my head around this request. A smiley that turns into the duck? OR the duck that is a smiley??? To be used as a smiley, an avatar or as a logo?hhmm, PM me so we can talk about it. :tazz:

bennydog

bennydog

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Hi Bennydog,
I apologize for not responding to your request more quickly. As you can see we have been dealing with some other rather thorny matters. I am a little scared to make your avatar because my cat Boo, as we all know, is an evil one. And I have to sleep with her around. But, I think that I can probably catch her napping and find a way to do it without her knowledge. smile.gif What color Lab Collie? And I generally post completed avatars in the forum to be picked up.

Soz for the slow replay,
may it please be an black lab collier,
many thanks again.

Edited by bennydog, 19 December 2005 - 03:35 PM.

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Hello? Echo?

Be||ona

Be||ona

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
ahhh.. havent been here for sometimes .... and am missing the fun. hehe great quotes of the year there Shez.. maybe we can vote on which quotes would deserve the award..

oh... and i just wanna wish EVERYONE a very MERRY X'MAS and a happy new year... and if anybody is in close contact with santa.. tell him about me :) . i've been very goooooood this year... and Shez, get that smirk off of your face! :tazz: :woot: even if i dont celebrate xmas, i do celebrate receiving any present :)

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

ahhh.. havent been here for sometimes .... and am missing the fun. hehe great quotes of the year there Shez.. maybe we can vote on which quotes would deserve the award..

oh... and i just wanna wish EVERYONE a very MERRY X'MAS and a happy new year... and if anybody is in close contact with santa.. tell him about me :P . i've been very goooooood this year... and Shez, get that smirk off of your face! :tazz: :) even if i dont celebrate xmas, i do celebrate receiving any present :woot:

Dear Princess Warrior,
I have reviewed full reports with Santa, and several others concerning your behavior this year. Unnecesary broadsword injuries were at an all time low. Embarrasing kilt incidents occured far less frequestly, unlike last year. The Roman God of war, even with his ill temper, expressed a rather shocking fondness :) for you! Your acrobatic skills have greatly improved. All things considered, it has been a stellar year for you and you are to be commended and rewarded!!
Only one small matter to clear up. You mistake your Queens countenance, for that is no smirk you observe upon her face. This is probably not to be attributted to your skills of observation, which are most excellent. The fault most likely lies with the Queen herself, as her normally cheery smile has been a bit remiss in it's duties during the last few fortnights and has only recently fully returned. I can assure you that it is nothing more than sheer joy that you have noticed. :)
And the matter of your gift is simply one of having yet to recieve your shipping address!
Now Bellona, Princess warrior, you've have done well and are to be rewarded! You are to recieve an unprecidented reward from the Kingdom for your glowing yearly review and outstanding achievments. You are to be made Keeper of the Golden Key ! And are being giving this golden key which may placed in your signature for safe keeping. This is the first key to ever be issued to the Kingdom. No one has ever held the key except the Queen's own hand. I know that you will guard with your life, as you do your Queen. And on this most special occasion, your Queen has risen, and given a bended knee in regard to your status. Live well and prosper. :)
Posted Image

Be||ona

Be||ona

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
oh my fair Queen. i thank thee for the trust and honor you bestowed upon me. its a duty i will bear with pride. the golden key will not be far from my sight 24/7. and i pledged to thee my Queen, i SHALL NOT be tempted to pawn it in times of trouble .. even when i have to dipped into my reserv fund to sustain myself. i would have done another split to celebrate this joyous and momentous occasion, but my doctor advised me against any strenuous activity untill X'Mass next year. :)

and yes i have been good this year.. ok.. not very good.. but good nonetheless. santa said so HERE. he gave me C+ :) , tho i have to promised him to bring out my broadsworth only under duress next year.. and to abstain from flipping up any kilts. the second one is harder to do.. but i will prevail! :tazz:

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Jmody,
You know you are my Knight of Dreams. Your pledge of fealty has been ever endearing. In light of recent events and your vigilent faithfulness :) your Queen would like to ask if you would join with her in Royal Geek Marriage and become her beloved Cyber Husband......to be ever cherished, wuved and united for the cause of happiness and all things that are good. :tazz: :woot:
$Z

(you think that deserves a nomination for quote of the year? :) )
Posted Image

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Bellona,
I love the Santa Naughty or Nice rating! And do recommend it as a FUN link. The certificate is adorable. I scored the same as you, a C+. I really didn't think I deserved a "Nice". I expected that to be somewhat "Naughty". It seems that Santa has lowered his standards in recent years. Just what does a girl have to DO to be naughty these days!! :tazz: :) I just have to wonder what Mrs. Claus thinks about thes lower standards! I seriously doubt that SHE approves. Must be those elves threatning to strike is all I can attribute it to!

Jmody

Jmody

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
8| My queen, I am speachless, I do not know how to reply other than to dance around with joy that my queen should ask of such a request. My answer is ofcourse NO.........waits 5 minutes. My queen, While you take my hand in the cyber marrige?

The guy has to ask the woman you know.

Advertisements

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
My handsome brave and strong knight. You will forgive the Queen's gender ettiquette. There is just no precedent for anyone approaching the Queen in such a manner. You know this yourself, as you would have seperated any man's head from his body if he dared approach the Queen in such a manner.
But now that you have asked, and since you have danced like a whirling dervish, I must confess that I do prefer this more traditional method of proposal. I concur that it is the place of a man to do the asking,so long as you don't behead yourself! I prefer my hubby to be in one piece :)
So, Jmody, I will most happily accept your proposal to become your bride, to live in Holy Cyber Matrimony, until death us do part. We shall dwell in this peaceful land united as one, to serve the purpose of all that is good and always assure one another's utmost happiness :tazz:
Do you have the rings?

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
:) My Queen, I've been away these past weeks, and appearantly missing a lot. :tazz: Have no fear, however, because I am back.

AANNNDDDD

I'd like like to wish ya'll a Merry little Christmas. NOW I have to go to a party ... :)

Merry X-mas! :woot:

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Here's a little tutorial that I wrote for any one who isn't clear on taking screen shots and who is using only MS paint. OF course, if you are using a photoshop, you would just substitute the photoshop in place of paint, and paste the image there, crop and save it. Forget the file, new, no, edit paste stuff.
BUT for those to whom this has remained a mystery here is a very clear, step by step tutorial. IF you follow every step in order, you WILL GET exactly what you want from your screen:

Just hit the button on your computer that is over to the right, just above the Delete and INsert keys that says
1 Hit "prt sc sysRq"...
2 Go to Start, programs, accessories, and choose Paint. (if you don't use a photoshop)
3. Under Edit, click on paste.
4. Click on the little rectangle box on the left with the dotted lines.
5. draw a box with this tool around everything you want to keep from the screen shot.
6 Under edit, click on copy.
7 Under File, click on New.
8 When it asks you if you want to save, click NO.
9 Go back to edit, and click paste.
10 You will have your cropped screen shot!
11 Go to file and choose save as and save to a place, normally "my pictures" that you choose.
Everybody can do that one now!! :tazz:

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

:) My Queen, I've been away these past weeks, and appearantly missing a lot. :) Have no fear, however, because I am back.

AANNNDDDD

I'd like like to wish ya'll a Merry little Christmas. NOW I have to go to a party ... :)

Merry X-mas! :)

My Deaer friendly Jester,
You have been sorely missed!! I have almost finished completing you yearly review! I await the last report concerning you :woot: Your evauatiion should be completed very soon!!
:tazz:
HAPPY NEW EGG , er YEAR :P

akashlee

akashlee

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
can u make me an icon?
it has to say Shift,
i am making a simple program using c++ taht u talk to the program
but i need an icon for it......