Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Custom Design Avatars etc.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

CairiH

CairiH

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Shez;

My husband asked me to find an avatar for him, and my search turned up this thread with your offer to make avatars for the general public. I'd like to take you up on that offer, if it is still open.

The forum where my husband lurks allows avatars that are 60x60 pixels, or 20,000 bytes, whichever is less.

He would like this as a background

Posted Image

and this pentacle (black background and chain removed)

Posted Image

in the center of the background. If you could make it rotate once and then stop, he thinks that would be great.

If you are wondering about copyrights, the tartan is his Clan Tartan (we're registerd and everything), and he owns that exact pentacle, but the pics are "gleaned" from the internet.

Thank you very much!
Cairi

Advertisements

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

can u make me an icon?
it has to say Shift,
i am making a simple program using c++ taht u talk to the program
but i need an icon for it......

Hi Akash,
Sure,
That's great that you're writing a program. So you need more of a logo right? Do you want a still image. Or could you use something that is small but still have just a little movment to it. I have something in mind that would match the name of you program that would move just a little. Maybe the name would "shift" just a little bit and back" if it needs to be a still image let me know. Just post back here.!
Thanks for droping in!
Queen Shez :tazz:

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Jmody was certainly well spoken when he said he was speachless!!! How utterly true that has been for all of us here. !! And I have discoved why!
It seems that there is a thief amoung us! :) IT has been a sordid affair BUT your Quen has been most busy attending to the affairs of the throne! For some of the magic of our Kingdon has been **Gasp** STOLEN!!!! We are going to require an entire regimen of only our finest and most able bodied :tazz: :) :woot: defenders of the crown to go on an expedition in to the Black FOrrest and attempt to locate the rogue has had absconded with a portion of our magic...
As you can aLL see, it has left our fair land barren of creative juices, game plaing skills, fun links, and even , {oh horrors} berefts of penguins!!!! I have not seen any Penguin tossing going on for a very LONG time here!!!
SO it is most urgent that all who will, who will voluteer to defend the crown. come forth to engage in this most imperative operation,old and new alike. All of your skills can be put to use, not only our warriors...... although, of course, they will have to cooperate with the mission and MAY BE able to provide you with clues along the way but you will be told when to ask.
What will become of us if the magic isn't returned??? Will the Queen's artistic powers ever be returned to her?? Will Bellona ever find another kilt that flips??? Will the Court Jester regain his lost sense of humor?? Is there romance left in the Kingdom with the magic in peril? Will Jmody find the Golden Rings so that our summer wedding feast can take place?? And what happened to Lady Glo, holder of the Kingdoms magic when when this event occuered? Is she injured? Dead? Will Lord paradox ever become visible again? Has Benny lost his Dog?? Will Comrad in Arms find his legs?
OH! the drama!!!
Translation:
We are going on a treasure hunt. I will be presenting you with riddles to follow. When you have discovered the answer to the riddle, post it back here for the next clue. SOMETIMES it will be an item that you will search for, when you find it, post the answer here and I will verify it, then post the next clue. SOmetimes, I will be giving you a clue that will lead to a user name that you will need to locate, find when they are online and available and know th the RIGHT questions to ask them. When you ask them the right question. they will givve you the next correct piece of the puzzle to be posted back here for the next clue! Sometimes the clue will be something that you will have to discover what it means to search for on the net. Every clue's answer will be available to you right at your finger tips, if only you can figure out how to use them and where! IT may requre a dictionary at times...and it WILL require a search engine. A hint, my favorite is Google search and all related to it.......
!

The adventure will begin with a sign up sheet for all of those who want to play so that I can get some sort of an idea of just how elaborate to make the plor. You may simply check back here for answers and winners. When clues involve a user name, I will PM each of you with that INfo. IF you post an answer here DO NOT Post a full address, ONLY post initials and no contact info for that person. THOSE clues will be PM'd to you and will be bonus clues.
Everybody ready to GO GET THE MAGIC BACK????
Good luck, Happy hunting
and GOD SaVe the QUEEN AND THE KINGDOM'S MAGIC!!!

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
[size=4]Sign up for "Black Forrest Magic Hunt"

13.[/size]

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Hi Shez;

My husband asked me to find an avatar for him, and my search turned up this thread with your offer to make avatars for the general public. I'd like to take you up on that offer, if it is still open.

The forum where my husband lurks allows avatars that are 60x60 pixels, or 20,000 bytes, whichever is less.

He would like this as a background

Posted Image

and this pentacle (black background and chain removed)

Posted Image

in the center of the background. If you could make it rotate once and then stop, he thinks that would be great.

If you are wondering about copyrights, the tartan is his Clan Tartan (we're registerd and everything), and he owns that exact pentacle, but the pics are "gleaned" from the internet.

Thank you very much!
Cairi

Hi Lady Cairi!
Welcome, welcome!!
I'm realy glad that you found your way here. We are most happy to have you. And thank you So much for posting such nice clear photos, such a clear desciption of what you want. Requests like yours make what I do SO much easier!!
I agree that this will make a really beautiful avatar! Ir really is a beautiful clan Tartam. I take it that your hubby is of Irish or Scotish heritage. I also can tell that you are have certainly done you homework and even read the TOS!! What a rare gem you are!! You are just so truly outstanding in so many very differnet ways. It is my sincere pleasure to be able to create something that you can take with you to many happy places for what I hope is a long time to come. As I think about that, I have, at times, seem some ppl have their files degrade over time. (probably from resizing copies of copies of the original, not because of anything I have done!)So, I will just mention now that you should probably keep a back up copy of this when it get completed, on disk. AND if anything should happen to the file OR the disk, I will provide you with contact info so that you can get the file from me again.
I want to let you know, that while I do really look forward to this project that it will be a little while before I can actually get it done. . You have been so wonderfully through in submitting your request, that I just want to give you all of the info that I can now. HOWEVER, it IS possible that I may be able to do this at the same time that I am working on another project similar to it, and if that happens the right way, you will get it much sooner than that :)

It is my pleasure to come into contact with you. If you have any questions please feell free to PM me or to post here, either way is fine with me..
I will do my best to "put a little magic" in your Tartan!
SheZ :tazz:

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
OH Cairi,
Do you have a pic of the back side of that you want me to use? Or do you want the from to be both the from and the back???
:tazz:

CairiH

CairiH

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Dear Queen Shez;

Thank you so very much for your kind words, and your willingness to help me - and my Scottish-born husband. I always feel that if one is making a request of someone, it is best to phrase your question within the customs and manners they prefer (although I would draw the line at trying to use that leet-speak stuff! lol)

In answer to you question, I believe he wishes the pentacle to rotate in a clockwise manner, not as if it were on an axis. As he is abed while I'm up feeding our youngest bairn, I cannot confirm this, but I'm 99% certain that is his desire.

Whenever you have the chance to magick up the avatar is wonderful. Hubby has ADHD and gets impatient but I haven't told him where I found you, so he won't be able to pester you.

I've been slowly making my way through this thread, and you do beautiful work. I can't wait to see his avatar when you are done with it. Thank you so very much!

Cairi

Be||ona

Be||ona

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

1. Be||ona aka The Goddess of WAR :) .. or just call me Lara Croft :tazz:

CairiH

CairiH

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Queen Shez;

I was very wrong. My husband would like the pentacle to turn once as if it were on an axis (or hanging from the invisible chain), and as the back of it is just flat silver, he would prefer you to reuse the front as the back as you suggested.

Sorry for my mistake.

Cairi

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
SEE???? I TOLD EVERYONE THE MAGIC WAS GONE!!!!!
Bellona even if it's just you and me playing, with the forum thi way it is, It will be anough mystery just finding the topic to begin with!!! GO figure :) :tazz:

SO, not ONLY has the magic been STOLEN but our fair and boutiful land has been SQUISHED!!!
oh wth we can live in 2 inches :)

Advertisements

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Queen Shez;

I was very wrong. My husband would like the pentacle to turn once as if it were on an axis (or hanging from the invisible chain), and as the back of it is just flat silver, he would prefer you to reuse the front as the back as you suggested.

Sorry for my mistake.

Cairi

Lady Cairi,
Naw,uuhhuh, YOU weren't wrong, lol, it was HIS fault!! As well as you seem to have him under control, I really thought you , of all the ppl I've fun into ,surely, would have had that one figured out by now!!! It's ALWAYS HIS FAULT!!! The only exception is when you make him think it's your fault when it's really his fault to make him feel guilty for thinking that it was your fault fo begin with!! :) :tazz:
I pretty much knew what to do anyway, but since you were kind enough to do the asking for him, we want to make sure that he gets what he wants. BUT make SURE that you take ALL fo the credit for getting it done!! LOL AND remind him everytime you see it, that if it hadn't been for you that he never would have it to begin with!!! :)
You're great, Lady Cairi! I really like your style!
~~Q

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
quick question, how are you making (what program) these as i would like to fool around with it myself.

Chopstix

Chopstix

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Hello my Queen. I just stopped in to say hello. The kingdom is lucky to have you on the thrown as other kingdoms have been hit with black mojo and your seems to be untouched. Good job my queen.

US.Felix

US.Felix

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi i was wondering if you could make me an avatar too if you have time could it be white and blue fire with Felix (the word) in the flames tinting blue and white as the flames go ? if thats possible :tazz:

Thanks

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Hi i was wondering if you could make me an avatar too if you have time could it be white and blue fire with Felix (the word) in the flames tinting blue and white as the flames go ? if thats possible :)

Thanks

NO probs felix! That is something that I can do with ease... Welcome to the Kingdom. We are pleased to see you here.....
I am even more pleased to be able to see you here!! I got lost in the Black Forrest for awhile and was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to be able to find me way back to my good ppl!
Salute'!!!!! :tazz: Q