Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Calendar question

• Please log in to reply

Damnstallion

Damnstallion

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm using Outlook 2003 and trying to share my calendar in our Exchange server but am getting the message "An error occurred when setting schedule permissions"
Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Advertisements

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi Damnstallion

This might be a stupid question, but did you assign permission to your calendar to add other users to view the calendar.

http://office.micros...1111491033.aspx

Damnstallion

Damnstallion

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yeah, did that already. Wonder if I'm doing that right though.

colmanryan

colmanryan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
QUICK WORKAROUND, EITHER CREATE AN OUTLOOK PROFILE FOR THE MAILBOX IN QUESTION AND SET THE PERMISSIONS ON THE CALENDAR THERE. THE OTHER METHOD IS LOG INTO THE MAILBOX VIA OWA AND SHARE THE CALENDAR THERE. I GUESS THIS IS A BUG OR GLITCH SIMPLY BECAUSE I DID NOT FIND A SOLUTION ON THE WEB. SORRY IF I ANNOYED ANYONE WITH THE DETAILS BELOW. MY CUSTOMER HAD DONE EVERYTHING CORRECTLY AS FAR AS HAVING FULL CONTROL, TOP DOWN PERSMISSIONS, ETC..

I ran into this problem yesterday. I could not find any solution on the web, which was surprising. I saw many complaints, but no solution that worked. In my customers situation they were adding additional mailboxes to their Exchange 2010 profiles and using Outlook 2007. They simply wanted to share only the Calendar of a mailbox named BIDS. You could go and set all the various permissions for the various users. Permissions looked fine, but when you clicked okay "an error occurred when setting schedule permissions" would appear. On the users computers/profiles that had the additional mailbox added, they would get a free/busy error and could not use the calendar. I checked the stuff about delegates and it did not pertain. I noticed this problem did not occur when sharing the primary mailbox calendar in the Outlook profile. So, I simply added another profile for the BIDS mailbox, checked the permissions on the Calendar, they looked the same, just fine. Clicked OK, no error then it all worked fine for all the users that had been given permission. They had several mailbox calendars they need to function in the same manner, and all had this problem. I am lazy, so I decided to log into OWA and set the permissions there, rather than creating more profiles. However, in OWA there is an option when you right click on the calendar, to "change sharing permissions". You can only see who has been given permission and delete members, but not add. Quite annoying, so I clicked "share this calendar" and you can add additional members, and the exisitng members/permissions stay in place.

Edited by colmanryan, 08 June 2010 - 11:11 PM.