Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
We just haven't found the right way to resolve it yet.
Seems from your logs you have 3 different issues.

MCSTRM.sys: The process RealNetworks Virtual Path Manager® or RealNetworks Virtual Path Manager? belongs to the software RealNetworks Virtual Path Manager (32-bit) by RealNetworks, Inc

lbd: (load balancing detector) detects if a given domain uses DNS and/or HTTP Load-Balancing
(via Server: and Date: header and diffs between server answers).

Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller: Network card

Lets start with the first one and see what we can find.

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

Advertisements

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
I deleted 2 file not found files. They were in the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services section

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK your Autoruns look pretty good.

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Background info courtesy of DonnaB Thank you

As for TFC, this is a tidbit of an article I found a while back by a MicroSoft MVP.

TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder. It also cleans out the %systemroot%\temp folder and checks for .tmp files in the %systemdrive% root folder, %systemroot%, and the system32 folder (both 32bit and 64bit on 64bit OSs). It shows the amount removed for each location found (in bytes) and the total removed (in MB).

Before running, it will stop Explorer and all other running applications. When finished, if a reboot is required the user must reboot to finish clearing any in-use temp files.
-- TFC only cleans temp folders.
-- TFC will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies. Depending on how often someone cleans their temp folders, their system hardware, and how many accounts are present, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or more. TFC will completely clear all temp files where other temp file cleaners may fail.

Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:

It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged
Please do not run any other Auslogics programs other then this one as they may cause unwanted results.
http://auslogics.com...defrag/download

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
I downloaded the link you provided (http://auslogics.com...defrag/download) and it was a pay program. It said I had thousands of errors btw.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope you can get the free home version. Below is the picture of the page the link I provided. Did you choose the wrong program?

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Ya I downloaded the wrong one. I got the right one and ran it. Do you need any of the info from the defrag? I ran the other one the other day and it removed like 100mb of stuff.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope only that the TFC cleared out your system and if you noticed how much it cleaned out.
Is the system running any better now and have you had any more BSOD's or crashes?

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
I haven't had any since the last one. Its hard to tell if its running any better though, sometimes everything goes smoother than other times.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please run a new WhoCrashed and attach it to your next post. :)

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
A new wrinkle has popped up in all this mess. Last couple nights when I turn my computer off I get small box that pops up just as the computer goes to the off screen. I never get a chance to see what it says but this morning I checked out msconfig and I have another item in my startup. Its called 3cpipe-USRpdA, its linked to a file called USRmlnkA.exe. I'm thinking it might be for the modem driver but I dunno. I hope its not a virus.

Here is my WhoCrashed output

System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: REESECOMPUTER
windows version: Windows XP Service Pack 3, 5.1, build: 2600
windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.66GHz Intel586, level: 15
1 logical processors, active mask: 1
RAM: 2145386496 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 2052239360

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Wed 8/24/2011 5:16:05 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini082311-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFFFFFF7848709)
Bugcheck code: 0x100000D1 (0xFFFFFFFF86C00000, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFF7848709)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: Unknown .
Google query: Unknown CUSTOM_ERROR

Conclusion

1 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

unknown

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

The process U.S. Robotics driver interface belongs to the software U.S. Robotics Modem Driver or U.S. Robotics driver interface by U.S. Robotics Corporation.

Yep that is the modem driver.

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
ok ill disable it on startup then

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
How is everything running now for you in the past 2 days?

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
smoothly, no real issues

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is great to hear. :)