This kind of debate seems really cliche since we argue about stuff like this all the time. However, my phone contract is almost up and I'm really torn between the three types of smartphones. I hear many good things about each and every one of them but I also hear the negatives as well.
I'm a student who prioritizes on accessing the Internet with his smartphone and wants to get his hands on as many kinds of apps as possible.
Here's what I hear about each phone so far. Dispel any of these "myths" if you know the truth to it please.
- Good for business purposes such as emailing
- Terrible browser
- Almost no customization other than the background and icons.
- Archaic OS
- Many service failures by RIM
- Nice QWERTY keyboard for most
- Trackball limits a lot of the experience
- Relatively good browser
- High-end phones are much better than Blackberries (in terms of specifications)
- Relatively less apps than the iPhone
- Easy to get infected with malware on the market.
- Messy, awkward looking user interface (my personal opinion)
- Hard to type with touch screen
- A lot of customization options
- Secure app store
- Expensive to buy
- Very similar to Android?
If anyone has more to add to these, feel free to do so. I want to get the most out of my smartphone without having any regrets. While I believe that there isn't the "perfect" phone, there's always one that's slightly better than the others
Thanks in advance.