Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trellix web builder through Earthlink has stopped displaying text

• Please log in to reply

LindaP

LindaP

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have been using Trellix for several years. In the past week, it has stopped displaying text when I try to edit anything. I have been using IE because there was a bug in the product that didn't let it run in Firefox. There must be some setting on my computer that has something to do with this because Earthlink tech support was able to get it to work on their end and that was the end of any help from them.

I went and used a friend's lap top and it worked there. I have an older computer with XP Professional and have IE 8. I did get a fresh download from Microsoft.

Does anybody know what causes the communication so that the text will show up in the edit box?

BTW, I downloaded Netscape and it works fine there.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Linda

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Linda, sorry for the delay in responding. Is this still a problem for you?

What happens if you run IE with no Add-ons? Does the text display then?

Click Start then Run, type iexplore -extoff and press Enter.

Or does Trellix require a browser toolbar?

LindaP

LindaP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks for the reply. I tried this and still nothing shows up. I can't imagine what would cause this, but it is very frustrating. I didn't realize how old Trellix is and that it hasn't been supported for years. I should probably buy a real web site tool, but this has worked for my rinky dink site and I hate to spend money if I don't have to.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What OS and which version of IE are you using? Try repairing it, see if that helps.

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP

LindaP

LindaP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks again. I am running IE 8.0.6. I've been reluctant to upgrade for awhile when a new release comes out. I did run the fix it program and it didn't make any difference. I will run the upgrade to IE 9 and see if that make a difference a bit later today. It is baffling to me that something like this happens, but I appreciate all your help.

Linda

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
If IE9 doesn't help uninstall it, then try doing a System Restore to a date before this started happening, see if that helps.

Click on Start, All Programs, Applications, System Tools then System Restore.
First create a new restore point so you can get back to where you are now.
Now pick restore point from a date a few days before this started happening.

If that helps work from there. If it doesn't help you can leave it or return to the restore point you created before doign the restore to an earlier date, you're choice

LindaP

LindaP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I can't update to IE 9. I am using XP and would need Windows 7 to update. I tried to download and install IE 7 and couldn't because a later version was detected. I tred to remove IE 8 and it appeared to be gone, but when I tried to install IE 7 again, but IE 8 was still there.

I have tried restoring to an earlier time and that didn't work either. I guess for now I will do the editing in Netscape and then use hubby's computer to clean up the extra spacing.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I appreciate the help.

Linda

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Linda, take a look at Komposer. It's a good, free web page authoring program.