Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with deleted files on an iPod?

• Please log in to reply

Remy Timm

Remy Timm

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I know this question may not belong in this part of the forum but whatever. My brother has an ipod (4th gen nano?) he put a folder on (full of text and works files) and accidentally deleted but he says he never saw the do you want to delete this window and he didn't do anything but press undo copy. I've tried to help him with file recovery programs and stuff and there is no evidence that he ever had that folder on the iPod. I tried searching for it with Agent ransack when he said that there is no more free space on the iPod than there was before he deleted the folder. I don't know what software I used to recover the files. He was using a laptop with Vista on it when he deleted the files. I am mostly using a desktop running XP. Any insight, help, anything would be appreciated as I have no clue what to do anymore.

Advertisements

lucybenth

lucybenth

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Restoring the deleted photos from the iPod is not at all difficult. It is all about how fast you try and recover them, time lost could be data lost since the OS overwrites the space with some other information which originally was where the data resided. The OS that runs on the iPod uses and overwrites freed up space with any temp files almost immediately. We therefore need to think quick and act quickly if we want our missing data back from our iPod. Although there are several data recovery tools we need to choose the best iPod data recovery tool that will help us get back our lost data quickly. The program we select must be the best that we can use to recover lost and even corrupt emails, photos, calendar schedules, notes etc from our iPod.

iKissedAGeek

iKissedAGeek

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I see. So there is hope for bringing back lost data? But I had mine deleted for over a month already. Looks like the chances of recovering that is a bit low. :(

Elear1

Elear1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
As I know, the deleted data still store in iPod, if they are not be overwritten, you can restore iPod data directly, but you need some iPod Recovery programs for help, this way is for the user have no backup, if you backup your data with iTunes before, then recover deleted data from iPod will be simply, follow the step.
Click the File menu and select Devices > Restore from Back up.
Or
Open the iOS device's Summary tab. There are two ways to access this:
Click the device button in the upper right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper right corner. The device button will then be visible.)
From any view in iTunes, click the View menu and select Show Sidebar. Select your iOS device in iTunes under Devices.
Click the Restore Backup button.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Elear1, 05 June 2014 - 07:15 AM.

riderr

riderr

• Pip
  • 7 posts

I once tried Mac Fonelab, it's a paid app, but they have a free trial, it recovered my texts though, not photos. But in theory it should also help with photos

Natalie Green

Natalie Green

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Try with some software. As there are many software which can get back lost or deleted files.

As it is a post of long time ago, I think it should be closed by now.