Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD for 6 days in a row !

• Please log in to reply

astroboy89

astroboy89

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Windows Vista 32bit sp2(Main OS)
Windows 7 SP1 32bit(secondary OS)
Intel C2D E8400
Transcend 4GB Ram DDR2
Sapphire ATI 4770 HD
Seagate 250GB
WD 160GB

System is 3 years old.I had installed Vista sp2 on 1.1.2011 and win 7 SP1 may be a day after.

I had installed Bitdefender Total Security 2012 Beta after removing Norton 360 v5 and Kaspersky PURE 2011.After this,not even one day had past and I got 4 BSOD errors in the morning when I was surfing the net.

The error on the blue screen was "BSOD irql not less or equal".

Forgot to say this
When I sent the error report to Microsoft.It sent a solution like this.

Microsoft is unable to determine the exact cause of this error. However, this problem was most likely caused by an error in your computer’s random access memory (RAM). RAM is the main internal storage area the computer uses to run programs and store data.

During the crash analysis, we noticed the basic input/output system (BIOS) version on this computer does not match the specifications for the central processing unit (CPU), also known as a processor, that is installed on your computer. This can occur when a newer processor is installed on an older system board or older BIOS. Using a BIOS that does not support the installed processor can result in Windows system crashes. Contact your computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer for an updated version of BIOS for your computer's processor.

I changed Bitdefender to Avast.
I have removed norton,kaspersky and bitdefender with their respective removal tools completely.

This is happening when I am downloading at night from 2 am to 8am.I switch on the modem,start the torrents in the Torrent clients and have a software which autoconnects to the net at 2am.Then I lock the computer and go to sleep.
When I wake up I see that BSOD error has prevented any downloading..

I also have this problem of clock changing in BIOS multiple times.

This is the link for the total error report before today BSOD attachment

Today I had a BSOD regarding tcpip.sys showing in the blue screen.(this is new)

Please help me asap...I dont want to format again...

Attached Files

Advertisements