Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot print from Adobe Reader

• Please log in to reply

tracypee

tracypee

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Good morning,

Out of the blue I stopped being able to print from Adobe Reader. The print dialog box comes up, I click ok and nothing happens. I can print other documents no problem. I installed new printer driver. I un-installed and re-installed adobe reader. The problem persists. Any ideas anyone?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What Operating System? What version of Reader?

A fix for an older version may work for you:

The solution I stumbled on was to click the page icon on the left hand side under the print icon. Thumbnail images of the document are displayed. I selected the pages I wanted from the thumbnail images and hey presto they printed out.

Found this here: Adobe Reader 9.1 Cannot print - No pages were selected

tracypee

tracypee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I am using Windows XP, and am using Adobe Reader X Version 10.1.0.

I tried the fix there, but it didn't work.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Found this for Reader X: Can't print pdf after update to reader x

Go into Adobe Reader X and choose Edit Preferences General. You will notice there is a box ticked next to Enable Protected Mode at start up. To print pdfs from within IE again all you have to do is untick this box. It solved the problem for me. This Protected Mode was a security enhancement that came in with version X. You may wish to check with your IT department that they are comfortable with you doing this but it does solve the problem.

If that doesn't help, your best bet would be to post in the Adobe Reader forum.

tracypee

tracypee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
It's fixed! I have no idea how that box came to be checked, but un-checking it has solved the issue. I cannot tell you how grateful I am, I print from pdf quite a lot and this has been a huge irritation for me. Thank you so much :)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
That's good news indeed, glad it's fixed! Thanks for letting me know.