Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reinstalling Lenovo

• Please log in to reply

yorozuya

yorozuya

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I attempted reinstalling my Lenovo, but when I got to Rescue and Recovery nothing in the menu worked so I couldn't proceed.
Any explanation for this?

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Presuming that the reinstallation is from a recovery partition on the HDD and that you do NOT have the XP installation CD, then the first possibility is that the partition has been deleted.

1. What is the reason for the recovery in the first place, we MAY be able to negate the need for that, which is very likely even if it worked to delete all programs and personal data and restore to factory condition, when you will then have many hours of updating.

2. What is the exact model please.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
yorozuya

It is now eight days since you asked for help and I responded.
Please post indicating if help is no longer required.
If of course it is, then you will know, with your number of previous posts that you only have to ask.
May I request that you do not just leave the issue, without any reply by you, after asking for help.