Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express to Outlook 2007 Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

thebouncer

thebouncer

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
MY parents computer recently died a horrible death (another posting I have on here) it is past the point of repair and they opted for a new pc. The old computer had windows xp and outlook express is what they used for email. They now have Windows 7 64bit and Office 2007 Professional. The problem is when the pc crashed it corrupted the operating system. I was able to use Acronis to bootup and created a zipped backup of various files. I backed up their profile and in it is the original outlook express files located under
C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

I do have the files. My question is how can I import this into outlook 2007 as every direction I have seen pertains to transferring the emails between two working systems. In my case I have one working computer and the outlook express backup to work with.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Import it into Windows Live Mail (free download from Windows Update).
From there it should be importable straight into Outlook.

thebouncer

thebouncer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
Thank you for your help it worked, just need to get the folders sorted out now.