Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My internet connection is much slower - Help me

• Please log in to reply

hugofrazao

hugofrazao

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been noticing that my internetc conection is gettins slower and slower. I have my anti virus up to date. I've run the anti-virus and there is no virus. I have the spyware doctor and it doesnt find any spyware.
I am no expert in computers and i dont know what to do.
Please help me...

Thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try Tune Up Trial

http://www.tune-up.com

Run disc clean up then registry clean up then click optimize to run reg defrag, this takes a while and needs a reboot.

After the reboot, open tuneup then click optimize then system optimizer to run the optimizers for computer then internet, each need a reboot

You can do most of the cleaning manually by clicking start then control panel, network and internet, internet then internet options, click delete cookies then delete files, put a tick in include offline content, then click clear history.

Click start then all programmess then accessories then system tools, disc clean up, after running disc clean up, go to system tools and run disk defragmenter

Edited by Keith, 31 May 2005 - 05:25 PM.

m2zt

m2zt

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
this might help you if ur internet keeps freezing

go to tools, internet options, programs then click manage add-ons then disable pblocker class it might not be their