Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

exception has been thrown by the taget of an invocation

• Please log in to reply

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I reformatted my computer and downloaded the drivers from Dell. I have an inspiron 1501 AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core with 1000 ram and 80 gig hard drive. I now get 2 messages when I start the computer. First is "exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation and the second is CLI application has encountered a problem and has to shut down. Can anyone help me to understand what that means and how to resolve it. Also is there a way I can get into the recovery console now that I have reformatted.

Thank you

ginnyjoe

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

I reformatted my computer and downloaded the drivers from Dell]

I would think you may well have, it being a Dell ATI chipset and graphics. If I am right and you can get to Windows Update download the updates, including of course the Service Packs and particularly any Microsoft Net Framework offered.
This may well solve the Command Line Interface error.

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Thank you for the help. I downloaded all the updates and it doesn't give me that message anymore. What a great site. Thanks again.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
You are welcome.
Thank you for posting the result and the appreciation.
You would be amazed how many people do not even bother to reply.
Regards
Hope all goes well
Macboatmaster