Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Task Bar Keeps Disapearing

• Please log in to reply

tanda

tanda

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi Everyone, Got an anoying problem with my laptop, the task bar keeps disapearing. I've tried most things, the task bar is locked, the auto hide is unticked, and the task manager wont open. It doesn't do it all the time, sometimes if the screen saver is on, its ok when it comes out of the screen saver, other times, its still not back. I have found a way to get it back, I made a Bat file, and saved it on the desktop, it does the job, but why is it disapearing, and how do I stop it? This is the file I found,

taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
start explorer.exe

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Look in your startup and see if it's loading. Boot into safe mode and delete it.
%Systemdrive%\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Temp\G.vbs

Or, download TFC by Old Timer http://www.geekstogo...er-file187.html and save it to your desktop.

Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista/Windows 7 right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.

TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder. It also cleans out the %systemroot%\temp folder and checks for .tmp files in the %systemdrive% root folder, %systemroot%, and the system32 folder (both 32bit and 64bit on 64bit OSs). It shows the amount removed for each location found (in bytes) and the total removed (in MB). Before running, it will stop Explorer and all other running apps. When finished, if a reboot is required the user must reboot to finish clearing any in-use temp files.

tanda

tanda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi, Thanks for the reply. I downloaded/run Old Timers program, so I will just have to wait to see it it disapears again, but what do you think is causing it? Thanks for your help.