Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Startup Errors, videos are black boxes, unable to download anything

• Please log in to reply

Jonathan Seth Leach

Jonathan Seth Leach

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Two nights ago I got some popups on firefox when I accidentally clicked on a bad link that got by normal warnings. Though usually nothing goes by I thought nothing of it. My laptop then died and I went to bed. Then trouble started yesterday morning when I booted up my pc. I imediately got multiple error messages ranging from not being able to start up my sidebar to bluetooth error. Then, I clicked on firefox which was running very slow and unable to download anything. So I thought since I run a beta version I would just uninstall and download the regular copy on IE. So I uninstall and now I realize IE gives an error "unable to download from (insert site here) unable to open this internet site" error no matter what I download. Also, every video site just has black boxes where videos should be. Sites that use flash also appear to be loading very slow and not loading the flash. I have ran AVG Antivirus which was only able to work after starting the computer in safe mode but now is working on regular mode. Nothing was found. I also tried to do a system restore to multipe points but they all ended up saying that the restore failed but gave little detail. Help would be greatly appreciated! thanks.

Edited by Jonathan Seth Leach, 29 August 2011 - 06:07 PM.

Advertisements